Resorts - Time share sales pitches

kozmo99

Earning My Ears
we are considering either floridays or sheraton vistana resort. from what we are reading online, sheraton bothers people trying to pitch time share to them everyday. has anyone experienced this? i have seen nothing with floridays. any comments?
thanks in advance

we are considering either floridays or sheraton vistana resort. from what we are reading online, sheraton bothers people trying to pitch time share to them everyday. has anyone experienced this? i have seen nothing with floridays. any comments?
thanks in advance

Can't comment on Floridays, but if it is fully sold, and not part of one of the big timeshare clubs, they probably aren't selling anymore. There are some very nice TS resorts that are beyond the sales phase.

SVR is actually fully sold as well (except for resales), but since Starwood operates a large vacation network, they are still actively selling on the property. That said, I've never found it intrusive. We're not talking Mexico timeshare sales here! Sheraton/Starwood have an image to uphold after all.

A few tips for avoiding the Starwood presentation.
  1. When you check in, they will send you to the activities desk to get your parking permit. There, they will ask you to attend a presentation. Just say no. Don't engage in any conversation about it; that only opens up opportunity to start selling.
  2. Anything that involves free breakfast, involves a timeshare presentation. There are NO OTHER free breakfasts at the resort.
  3. The daily voice mail updates from the activity staff are legit; feel free to participate in any of those great events. But most other calls probably lead to an offer to attend breakfast (never tried the resort photographer, but I suspect it is another ploy).
  4. The easiest way to avoid #3; unplug the phone. Anyone who really needs to get a hold of you can use your cell phone right?
There are no hustlers walking around the resort trying to entice you or anything like that. It is very well controlled, very easy to avoid, and VERY easy to have a relaxing stress free vacation at SVR.

I, on the other hand, am off to Mexico in a couple of weeks where I expect to be assailed by all of the perils of the Timeshare industry :scared1:

from what we are reading online, sheraton bothers people trying to pitch time share to them everyday. has anyone experienced this?
My last Vistana stay was Feb '10. In that stay, there was very little "bother"---I was invited to sign up for a presentation when I checked in, but a simple "no thanks" was all that was required. There were messages left on the phone, but they were left in a way that didn't actually ever "ring" the phone, so it was very unobtrusive. Some of those messages were about activities that day, so even those weren't totally annoying.

There are other timeshares that are more annoying, but Vistana has a pretty low-key reputation. You should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter