resort you chose to stay at- am I crazy?

Tink&PirateMama

queen mamadalla is what they call me... they being
Ok, so this is gonna sound totally crazy, but I just got a call tonight from my mother, who talked to her friend (who seems to be really trying to 'one up' everything these days, and the last several times there have been a lot of lies she's picked up on). My mom told her about our vow renewal plans (which I had told her not too because I expected this sorta reaction. She has told my mother repeatedly now, that us staying at the polynesian or the GF, or any other disney hotel actually- that is NOT the beach club is total crap. And I mean total crap. She says the beach club is a deluxe resort only for celebrities and important people (no, I'm not exaggerating- I could go on about all the details she's gone in to!), etc., etc. And our family choosing to stay at the GF or Poly (which has so far been our favorite place, but honestly, I've loved all the disney hotels, including ASMusic), well, she is really putting us down about it, I guess especially with the VR. And my mother has never been to disney, so she doesn't really know any of it or what to say. I tried to explain to her, what is what I believe is correct- but it might not be since I'm really no disney expert, and it's why I'm posting- but what I said was that ALL of the disney deluxe resorts are fantastic, and I imagine all types of people stay at all of them, celebrities to regular folk, and it really depends on your personal tastes as to your preference of resort- they are so different and cool in their own way. Now, I have stayed at Poly, and SSR, spent a lot of time at GF, and walked through Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk- but I have not walked through contemporary or AK yet. For us, with 2 young kids, being either in a quiet villa (longer stays), or at the MK, is best for us. Plus, our very first trip to disney we were upgraded to a castle view room, and it was SO magical- that is what disney means to me.

Ok, so I'm rambling. I am no disney expert, but am I right about this? It's not BC is like some crazy private celebrity hang out, and the rest of the places are crap? I mean, honestly for me, it doesn't matter even if that is true, because I am not the type of person that choses anything based on popularity, money, or power. It's just not my style at all!! But I would like to know what I can say to my mother about this. I'm just so annoyed.

It just drives me nuts that someone would try to act like that. And my mother is clueless about it all, so she's an easy target, but what friend would act like that? I thought this was about love, and trust and frienship- not about who has more money. Especially with the state of the world these days!

Anyway, we are planning to stay at the GF for our VR either way! I'm so glad I didn't invite her friend to come just to put us down!!

Thank you for any feedback - I'd really appreciate it!

I stayed at the Beach Club Villas last year. Sorry I didn't see any celebs lounging about the lobby.:rotfl2:

I just got back from the Boardwalk Villas where we had a BW view villa. Personally I liked BW better than BC. I think it felt a little more upscale to me, especially the lobby and common areas.

I know someone who saw Kelly Ripa in a bathroom at the Poly in early December.

Yeah I think she's full of crap...

I've never been to WDW, so I've obviously never stayed at any of the resorts, but from what I gathered, GF was supposed to be the most up-market - I thought it was even the most expensive :confused3

Even when trying to work out where I'd like to stay for our honeymoon, I considered both YC and BC, and I leant towards YC more, coz I thought it looked a bit more upscale...

I'm guessing she has no idea herself, and is just talking confident, I know a few people who like the oneupmanship game, and Im happy to play along if they start it, and it's all about facial expressions :lmao: If you hear her talking about something like that again, just act all aghast that she's mentioned the BC, and say, "Please, I think I'll be staying at the Grand Floridian!!" then mutter something about maybe lowering your standards to the YC, but the BC!?!

hehe, sorry, got carried away. But I find it amusing...

Princess Diana stayed at the GF! So it it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me.

I believe Mel Gibson stayed at Poly?

Maybe ask her what Celebs you heard ofstaying at BC, because so far 3 were just named in this thread and not one of them were seen at the BC!

I believe Mel Gibson stayed at Poly?

Maybe ask her what Celebs you heard ofstaying at BC, because so far 3 were just named in this thread and not one of them were seen at the BC!

Jon Bon Jovi and family were at Disney's Vero Beach resort last summer. He wasn't at all :snooty: , this was reported on the DVC boards.

I know someone did a search of Orange County dees, and quite a few well known sports and entertainment folks are DVC owners.

Thank you!! I wasn't sure what to say to my mother, and this is REALLY helpful! I will tell her princess Di stayed at GF- and that is good enough for me:) Love it!! Plus I'll say all the others- thank you again so much!!!

By the way- she said that just recently Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones were at BC. So I have no idea if they were really there or not. I think she said John Travolta- and "all celebrities and rich people with money" stay at BC. Poly adn GF are "Nothing" compared to BC. When I had been there and seen it, I couldn't figure out what the heck she was talking about, and thought maybe there was a seperate area or something for the VIPs. She actually said that- it's all very private and only for the rich people- so I was confused thinking maybe there was something I didn't know about. Now I see it is all just exaggeration completely!

Thank you again- now I will be able to tell my mother not to let this get to her at all!

My husband saw some famous basket ball player at AKL. And I know a lot of celebrities stay there.

However, people from ALL walks of life stay at ALL of the resorts. I just depends on what type of theming that you are looking for.

For our wedding, we stayed at All Star Movies because that was our first resort ever. Our wedding was at the Poly, so the limo came to all stars and picked us up. I tell you, I felt like a celebrity LOL

Tell you mom that it doesn't matter where you all stay, you are going to have a fabulous time!

When I did my college program I definitely saw celebrities everywhere at all of the different Deluxe Resorts so the fact that only celebrities stay at BC is crap! I would definitely say stay where you feel most comfortable. Me and DF are staying at AKL because that is one of his faves. I know its farther out of the way but that is where we feel comfortable!

I had a slight meltdown yesterday because you get so tired of people judging you and trying to make decisions about your day! IT'S YOUR DAY SO DO WHAT YOU WANT! (Well and your DF too;) !)

All of the Disney resorts and nice and it's really down to persaonl taste as to where you stay. We are having a comitment ceremony in September and staying at the Contemporary, I don't think i'd ever consider the YC or BC as they just aren't really my taste and I think that there are better options available. Your mum's friend just sounds jealous.

I thought that between the BC and YC, more celebrities stay at the YC. I have seen many times on the many years I have been on these boards it being reported a lot of celebrities being at the YC. I also think that celebrities stay at all the different resorts.

I have stayed at a bunch of different WDW resorts and I have never seen a celebrity. We just stayed at the BCV and it was nice but it's no GF!!!

I think your moms friend is super jealous!

You will love the GF. We will also being staying there for our VR in Nov. We have a room booked in the GF RPC for 3 nights and I can't wait!!

The GF is Disney's flagship resort, it is considered to be above all the other deluxes by Disney. She is just jealous and doesn't know what she's talking about. She's trying to make your mom feel bad. It's sad that someone would try to spoil something so special but it's probably because they don't have anything going on in their own lives. Congrats to you and your hubby on your VR.

Jon Bon Jovi and family were at Disney's Vero Beach resort last summer. He wasn't at all :snooty: , this was reported on the DVC boards.

I know someone did a search of Orange County dees, and quite a few well known sports and entertainment folks are DVC owners.

I've also seen the Bon Jovi clan at the GF. In the pool no less :thumbsup2 One of my best days ever. Plus I wasn't even staying there, just visiting the pool bar! Probably 7 years ago now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter