Resort Wheelchair Availability?

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
I had heard the resorts had a limited number of wheelchairs for guest use and saw this description under the Guests with Mobility Disabilities on wdwinfo:

Resorts A limited number of wheelchairs are available at each resort. A deposit will be held on the Guest room account and charged if the wheelchair is not returned. Contact either Guest Services or the Front Desk for assistance.

Does anyone know how to reserve one of these wheelchairs and what the deposit would be? Are these wheelchairs only for resort use or can you bring it into the parks?

Thank you so much!

they have an emergency wheelchair hat the CM will use to help the guest ( most of the time the CM will stay with the wheelchair) if you think you need one I would rent one off sight

and most only have one wheelchair so they do keep a good eye on it.

That is outdated information, unfortunately. I think it was back in 2015 that WDW resorts stopped having wheelchairs for guest use. Each resort does have a couple for emergency use - and my understanding is they will assist with use, such as help getting to your room. If you know you will need one, you should bring it with you or arrange for a rental. Vendors are listed in the disABILITIES FAQs thread pinned near the top of this forum.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter