Resort suggestion for my 30th bday?

melissafox18

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to convince DH that a WDW vacation with a weekend at the beach is a good idea for my 30th birthday - early April 2014. We've only stayed at value resorts in the past and know we want stay in at least a moderate this time.

My thoughts about the trip...
1. This will be our first trip since having a baby (she'll be one at the time we go and going to stay with grandma while we go adults only for the last time before we take her in about 3 years)

2. We are definitely doing dining plan (we did it last time and won't ever do Disney without it again and food is almost as important as attractions)

3. We'll be doing at least one rope drop at MK and HS while we're there (which will factor into our decision on where to stay)

4. Thinking about renting a car for this vacation since we may do a few beach days at Daytona or New Smyrna.

Suggestions for a resorts for adults only at a moderate or above? Our last trip, we walked through a lot of resorts to check out our next resorts stay. I'd love to stay at Poly but I think that's out of our price range :( Would CSR be a good option for us, especially with a car?

I'm trying to convince DH that a WDW vacation with a weekend at the beach is a good idea for my 30th birthday - early April 2014. We've only stayed at value resorts in the past and know we want stay in at least a moderate this time.

My thoughts about the trip...
1. This will be our first trip since having a baby (she'll be one at the time we go and going to stay with grandma while we go adults only for the last time before we take her in about 3 years)

2. We are definitely doing dining plan (we did it last time and won't ever do Disney without it again and food is almost as important as attractions)

3. We'll be doing at least one rope drop at MK and HS while we're there (which will factor into our decision on where to stay)

4. Thinking about renting a car for this vacation since we may do a few beach days at Daytona or New Smyrna.

Suggestions for a resorts for adults only at a moderate or above? Our last trip, we walked through a lot of resorts to check out our next resorts stay. I'd love to stay at Poly but I think that's out of our price range :( Would CSR be a good option for us, especially with a car?

Boardwalk. Great resort for adults.

The best value in my opinion is a pool view room at AKL. I've been able to find rooms in the $220/night price range for this category, while savannah rooms cost quite a bit more. This has been my #1 choice for my birthday celebrations.

I'm not sure what discount codes or offers will be available. AKL has great landscaping, animal viewing areas, and a fantastic pool and hot tubs. It has Boma, Jiko, and Sanaa, plus quick service at Mara.

If you can not find affordable rooms at AKL for the pool view, then you probably won't find cheaper prices at any of the other deluxes, they tend to be more money, all the Epcot and MK resorts are more expensive every time I've priced them out. We've paid the same or slightly higher for WL per night with discounted room. WL is a beautiful resort too, I do enjoy the theme, and the pools here and my favorite, I love the quiet pool. :lovestruc

If you have a car, you can just drive to HS and MK if that is more convenient. It's not really that far to get from place to place on Disney property. :moped:

Moderates are also great, I don't know from personal experience about staying at moderates. We have been to the resorts to eat and shop, Port Orleans has great theming, the grounds are cool, you can take a walk from that side all the way down to Riverside. It's pretty laid back, the buildings are neat. I believe the price range on moderates run about $150-200. It's been a while since I priced them out.

Our DD just turned the big 30 and we sent her and her sister to WDW for 5 days. She is a confirmed "disney nut" who lives and dies by the podcasts and anything Disney.

She has stayed at VWL, BLT, BCV, and BWV but we got them a room at OKW fully expecting that she would not enjoy OKW as much as the other resorts...boy was I wrong.

They absolutely loved OKW and for my "disney nut" it is her favorite WDW resort. Low key, laid back without the crazyness of the other "park" resorts but with the same Disney themeing...go figure.

For your choice, if you have a car, OKW is a great choice because you park your car right in front of your room...rental car parking at BWV is a long way away especially if you are going to use your car on a regular basis.

if your planning on a moderate my vote is with the caribbean beach resort! beautiful resort lots of secluded little areas to relax, hammocks on the beach lots of pools to choose from since each village just about has one plus the main pool 2 hot tubs great food court, can see epcot fireworks from the beach, cant think of a single reason not to stay here and we have stayed at deluxes as well.. the poly yacht club and okw 1 bedroom and we still love the cbr and continue to book there time and time again like our upcoming trip in september!:thumbsup2

If you're thinking a moderate then I'd say CSR hands down. I find this resort to be as close to a deluxe as you're going to get in a moderate category. The grounds are beautiful, the pool is one of the best on property and they now offer a "business class" booking category which is like a club level "light" where you can enjoy a continental style breakfast each morning and snacks/drinks (and alcoholic drinks) in the evening. We loved our stay there and think it really is a romantic resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter