Resort Restaraunts versus Park Restaraunts

tinacaplan

DIS Veteran
My husband and are I planning a trip to Disney in February (without the kids) and I have been looking at TONS of restaraunt reviews and menus. There are so many options for dinner, it can be confusing. We are planning on going with the deluxe dining plan, as my husband is thrilled with the thought of having just about everything paid in advance. We both have discerning taste and have eaten in some of NYC's finest restaraunts. I know not to expect the greatest gourmet experience of my life, but my question is this: do we have a better shot at having a nice, relaxing meal at the resort restaraunts as opposed to the Epcot/Hollywood Studio restaraunts? Many people seem to complain of being "rushed" through dinners in the parks and I am curious if this is the case at the resort restaraunts as well? Figuring this all out will help tremendously with planning, even as far as where we decide to stay. Thanks for any help! :cool1:

Prepare to be surprised. There are fine dining possibilities at WDW that might just stand up to your discerning tastes.

My wife and I have always enjoyed the Bistro de Paris, which is upstairs at the French pavilion in EPCOT. Food and service is always excellent and never rushed. We used to try to plan our reservations to coincide with the fireworks, but over the years, the trees at the pavillion have grown and block the view.

Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian is fine dining that will match the best of NYC. It is the only restaurant at WDW that does not permit children. I'd recommend the chefs tasting menu with wine pairings. Also, if dining with the chef in the kitchen sounds interesting to you, the Chefs Table can be reserved and is quite an experience for wannabe culinary artists.

The steak house at the Yacht Club is superior. It is just a short walk outside of the International Gateway of EPCOT and makes a very good alternative to dining inside of the park.

For seafood, the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk won't disappoint and neither will Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian.

When the Animal Kingdom Lodge first opened, we enjoyed a wonderful evening at Jiko.

That's just a few off the top of my head. You will have a great time exploring the culinary world of WDW.

Places like Artist Point, Narcoosee's, Yachtsman, and Jiko would have to be less rushed and more calm than places in the park. With that being said, Nine Dragons and Marakesh are two of the more laid back and peaceful places to eat in the parks.

My wife and I have always enjoyed the Bistro de Paris, which is upstairs at the French pavilion in EPCOT

Have heard they are excellent. But the OP is going to be on the dining plan and Bistro does not accept the dining plan. (Neither does Victoria & Albert's)

I generally prefer resort restaurants to the in-park ones and 2 credit restaurants to 1 credit restaurants. Don't know about being rushed but I think the food is better.

There are only two 2-credit restaurants inside theme parks - Cinderella's Royal Table (at which you pay for the atmosphere and not the food) and Brown Derby at DHS (this is also the only signature restaurant besides CRT that serves lunch)

the best thing about park restaraunts is the fact that you just go on a ride right after you eat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter