Resort Reservation - MDE Question

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
Two questions regarding MDE and an existing resort package reservation:

1. I called and added two additional days to our reservation. It's only been an hour, but it's not showing in MDE yet. The phone CM said I'd get a blue notice when logging into MDE that there's been a change to my reservation that I'd have to click on, but I don't see that yet. Anyone know if there's a delay for these things showing up in MDE?

2. While on hold on the phone, the recording said I could modify my reservation right in MDE and to look for the "modify" link to click. I do not see that. It says for modifications, I need to call. When I click "change" on an item, it says I cannot modify online because I have items in my reservation that need to be changed by calling. Anyone know why this would be? I was hoping to be able to modify online when/if free dining or another promo is released, because we have three rooms and it would just be easier.

Thanks!

Two questions regarding MDE and an existing resort package reservation:

1. I called and added two additional days to our reservation. It's only been an hour, but it's not showing in MDE yet. The phone CM said I'd get a blue notice when logging into MDE that there's been a change to my reservation that I'd have to click on, but I don't see that yet. Anyone know if there's a delay for these things showing up in MDE?

2. While on hold on the phone, the recording said I could modify my reservation right in MDE and to look for the "modify" link to click. I do not see that. It says for modifications, I need to call. When I click "change" on an item, it says I cannot modify online because I have items in my reservation that need to be changed by calling. Anyone know why this would be? I was hoping to be able to modify online when/if free dining or another promo is released, because we have three rooms and it would just be easier.

Thanks!
1. Never seen a blue notice in MDE. It may never change on MDE. Try dumping cookies or try a new browser

2. No one knows. I called Tech to ask and they couldn't answer either. Sometimes you have a Change Reservation feature, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you have one and it doesn't work. It's all one of the big Disney Tech glitches that pop up now and then. Can't fix it either, so they say. Cause they don't know why it happens

I have not had a "change reservation" link when I have booked through a travel agent, have booked through a 3rd party website or had a bounceback booked. Probably none of those apply to the OP.

I can say that I have had reservations booked directly through Disney, and the change reservation link has periodically appeared and then disappeared. I assumed that they were making "enhancements" to the system. I have sucessfully used the change reservation function on at least 2 reservations, but I can honestly say, with all the glitches in MDE, it made me very nervous to even try it.

@MsThumper so I have a "change reservation" link but not a "modify" one and that seems to make the difference? This is what I have gathered from the free dining thread. lol so confusing!

Or try signing all the way out and back in. That did it for me.

Or try signing all the way out and back in. That did it for me.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that several times, different browsers, different devices... no rhyme or reason to this apparently!

It doesn't say Modify, it says Change.

So if/when a promotion comes out, such as free dining, if I want to change it I can use the change reservation link? Because the free dining thread was using "modify" and I used to have the modify button in MDE and I no longer do. This morning I wanted to edit my reservation to add a day, and I clicked the change button and then it told me I had to call.

So if/when a promotion comes out, such as free dining, if I want to change it I can use the change reservation link? Because the free dining thread was using "modify" and I used to have the modify button in MDE and I no longer do. This morning I wanted to edit my reservation to add a day, and I clicked the change button and then it told me I had to call.
If it works for your MDE account, yes. I have a Change Reservation button on mine but when I click on it it just takes me back to the Reservation page.
It worked till about this time last year, I changed reservations all the time. Suddenly, it quit. Ever since then, when I click the link, it doesn't do a thing.
Tech can't figure out why
So there is a chance that no matter what, you aren't going to be able to do it yourself and you'll have to call

ETA - Here's what it looks like (mine has always looked like this, it's never said Modify)
Capture.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter