Resort Parking

DUDE MAN

Earning My Ears
I have seen this discussed in another thread, but cannot find it. For Disney resort guests, are we allowed to park at other resorts? I would like to try a few resort restaraunts and would like to drive to a few from Pop C. If it is allowed, is there a time limit to how long you can park there? I can see it being used as a way to park and hop on the monorail to MK from some resorts, which doesn't seem right...as the parking for those guests at that resort would get full.

But for those of us that want to explore the other resorts, can I park there to explore, have dinner and leisurely back to the car...without worrying about a time limit? Would I have to have an ADR to do this?

We do it all the time. If you're worried, do valet parking. They won't say anything. At least in all my years they never have. Enjoy the resorts, resort hoping is a really enjoyable. All the effort they've put into detail is just amazing.

I just say I am going in to shop at the gift shop. Sometimes they ask for a drivers license, other times they don't. It is usually only at the monorail resorts that you may be asked for a ADR and then given a 3 hour parking pass. The Boardwalk also has a parking lot you can use if you are not a resort guest.

I love resort hopping. When you drive in, just tell guard your having lunch/dinner or just shopping. They will give you a 3 hour pass and you just put the card in your car window. (They do check them for those who want to cheat and try to park at CR or Poly and go to MK)

If you want to check out the monorail resorts, you can park at the TTC and take the resort monorail over to the one you want. No problem with parking there.

Thanks for that suggestion Deb & Bill. I don't know why I didn't think of that... :confused3

For the non-Monorail resorts, do they still give out the 3 hour parking pass, or are they not as concerned at those resorts because people won't be trying to park and ride a Bus: :moped:

I wouldn't park at the TTC, unless you can park close enough to avoid riding those trams. I do whatever I can to avoid having to ride those things.

I'd just park at the resort parking lot. Tell the guard at the gate you're eating at that resort's restaurant, and he'll give you a pass. It's very easy.

Maybe the Boardwalk will give a parking pass. You can park in the other lot there.

I like riding the trams. I figure it is the start of my adventure to the parks. I haven't received parking passes at the other hotels except one for my dash at AKL.

You will be given a pass for 3 hours, plenty of time to eat and look around. We have also been asked for photo ID, and at some resorts had our name checked to see if we had ADRs.

I think honesty is all the best way to go, just tell them why you are there and they will let you know where to park. :flower:

The Epcot resorts along with the monorail resorts do issue passes. I have not dined at other locations, so not sure about them.

Sammie said:
I think honesty is all the best way to go, just tell them why you are there and they will let you know where to park. :flower:

I like that answer and that is what I will probably do. Like I said in my original post, I don't want to bypass the rules, was just looking to understand them so I can abide. :teeth:

If you're visiting at a slower time of year, with a WDW resort parking pass in your window you'll often be waved through with no questions asked, and with no need for a time-limited parking pass.

The exceptions to this are the Polynesian and (especially) the Contemporary, where I'm always given a pass, and the AK Lodge, where it's probably 50/50. I'm guessing that you can't get in at all to the Boardwalk lot unless you're staying there, because the lot is too small even to hold all the resort guests. Getting in across the street shouldn't be a problem.

Also note that the exact opposite is sometimes true during super-busy times of year, like Christmas or fourth of July - if it's really packed, the *only* way to get to some resorts if you aren't staying there is to take Disney transportation, even if you have a confirmed PS at a restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter