Resort Parking Enforcement

N

nw6675

I just read online that parking at resort restrictions were made official and are going to be enforced. You cannot park if you have a mobile order. You can only park if you have an ADR, day pass, or a guest of the resort. I know that's what most of us went by anyway, but from what I saw Disney has made it official.

ETA: corrected an unintended word

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read online that parking at resort restrictions were made official and are going to be enforced. You cannot park if you have a mobile order. You can only park if you have an ADR, day pass, or a guest of the resort. I know that's what most of us went by anyone, but from what I saw Disney has made it official.
Can you provide a link to where you read that?

The 2nd linked article says they do this every year for the holiday season, so sounds like nothing really new.

"This policy, which happens every year around this time, is in effect throughout the year at select resort hotels. Enforcement depends on the security Cast Members. Some of the resorts that enforce it on a more regular basis include Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and Disney's Boardwalk Inn.

Effective today, Walt Disney World Resort hotel parking restrictions have now been extended to all resorts over the holiday season"

I don't consider any 3rd party site to be an official source of Disney info. None of what they describing is any different from existing parking policies commonly discussed here. I would imagine Disney is more diligent enforcing resort parking at various peak times throughout the year.

We are staying at Art of Animation. Today there is a sign outside of the security gate that says parking is limited to Art of Animation guests.
I have seen that sign at POP also. I think with those two resorts it’s to avoid people parking there for the day to use the Skyliner.

This is typically always the case anyway. In early Oct I tried to drop my DS off at the Contemporary and was told no. Guard told me to turn around and drive to the TTC to drop him off.

Later in the week I really wanted to eat QS at the GF so I tried driving up around 8ish at night and was turned away.

We are staying at Art of Animation. Today there is a sign outside of the security gate that says parking is limited to Art of Animation guests.
We've seen these signs at many of the resorts all year now - like CR, Poly, BC/YC, Riviera, AKL, etc. I wonder if this 'holiday' policy just expands to all Disney resorts for the busy period. Seems like they could avoid any confusion by just enforcing the policy at all resorts and not have this mix of where and when you can park without a reservation.

We've seen these signs at many of the resorts all year now - like CR, Poly, BC/YC, Riviera, AKL, etc. I wonder if this 'holiday' policy just expands to all Disney resorts for the busy period. Seems like they could avoid any confusion by just enforcing the policy at all resorts and not have this mix of where and when you can park without a reservation.
That's exactly what was in the post I quoted above - some resorts do it all year (for the most part), over the holidays they extend it to all resorts (again, probably some don't enforce as much).

Dropping your -- off at the Contemporary.

1. He could get out while you are turning around and walk to the building.

2. You want to go to the Magic Kingdom dropoff, not the transportation & Ticket Center. Going back away from Contemp you would follow the signs for Grand Floridian or Polynesian which would include a right turn at a light. The dropoff comes first on the right.

3. If you were just arriving via World Drive you would still take the hotel branch, just skipping the toll plaza. I think the way to the dropoff is the first traffic light with an allowable left turn .

4. If you mistakenly headed towards TTC via toll plaza and were not going to MK yourself you would quietly ask the attendant or directions back to the exit. Thank him/her and drive on and you will come out near the Car Care Center and there is a branch off to the left to swing back around to take the hotel exit.

One way to help enforce resort parking is to use Magic Bands or similar guest IDs. You would scan (or have the parking guard scan) your Magic Band at which time you are charged a posted parking fee somewhat greater than the theme park parking and without lot hopping privileges. Upon leaving your MB is scanned again. If there is a theme park scan between your parking entrance and and exit, then you forfeit the parking charge otherwise you get that refunded. (Some alternate method, possibly involving cash or credit card, would be used for non-MB guests.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter