• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort opinions

Tink0812

Mouseketeer
I am a Disney lifer. At the age of 22 I have been to Disney fourteen times. On my bucket list includes staying at each one of the Disney resorts in my lifetime. I have already checked off all of the All-Star Resorts, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I finally received permission from my husband (we just got married in August) to start planning a trip to Disney. He is not a big Disney fan and has only been three times in his life. I contribute his lack of Disney spirit to ill-planned trips and thus want to introduce him to Disney in the way that my family has planned all of our trips. That being said, one of the first decisions to make is which resort to stay at. I want to check a new resort off of my list but have to make a good impression on my husband so that he is not turned away from Disney. I was thinking about Coronado Springs but am open to opinions about other resorts as well. We recently bought a house and are completely remodeling it thus we probably won't have the budget to stay in a deluxe. Please help!

While there are a lot of people who absolutely love AoA, I'm not sure your DH would absolutely love staying in a Little Mermaid room.

However, I think he would really enjoy CSR. Particularly because it has a bit more 'adult' vibe. And since he's not a huge Disney fan, he might appreciate not having "in your face Disney" all over the resort. This resort is probably the most deluxe of all the mods.

If your budget dictates a stay at a value, then maybe AS Sports or Pop would suit him better?

Love port Orleans French quarter and riverside - either one he would love! I want to try AOA too! My hubby was not a Disney guy when we met! He lives it and those two resorts are his favorite!

The new Art of Animation would be great for a budget trip!!

It sure wasn't cheap when I priced it out for a two night stay in April. Pop was much cheaper and we could have stayed at two of the moderates for cheaper.

While there are a lot of people who absolutely love AoA, I'm not sure your DH would absolutely love staying in a Little Mermaid room.

However, I think he would really enjoy CSR. Particularly because it has a bit more 'adult' vibe. And since he's not a huge Disney fan, he might appreciate not having "in your face Disney" all over the resort. This resort is probably the most deluxe of all the mods.

If your budget dictates a stay at a value, then maybe AS Sports or Pop would suit him better?

I agree completely. And the CSR has the nice Rix Lounge with a DJ on the weekends, etc.

I would avoid AS Sports though...too many tour groups and sports groups.

To the OP, have you looked into renting points at one of the DVC resorts? We have stayed t the Coronado 10 of our last 13 trips and absolutely love it. But we have been able to rent points for DVC villas for cheaper than staying at the CSR.

If you can rent DVC points I would highly recommend Beach Club Villas. The resort is beautiful and you are so close to Epcot, HS, Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin, tons of restaurants and an amazing pool!

I agree with the PPs suggesting CSR. Has enough of a nice adult vibe especially in the evening, with the great WDW feel.

We consider it a junior deluxe resort! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter