Resort Comparison: AKV vs AKV (Jambo vs Kidani)

Which section of AKV do you love the most?

• I love Jambo House the most

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • I love Kidani Village the most

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • I can't decide - love them both

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Neither is one of my favorites

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Comparing Jambo House and Kidani Village

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Compare/CompJamboToKidan.png

The two sections of Animal Kingdom Villas (AKV) - Jambo House and Kidani Village - are often compared. At first glance, someone not familiar with AKV would think there wasn't much of a difference.

But each section has its fans.

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Compare/JamboVsKidani.png​

Some people would say choosing one section over the other would be a toss-up due to the many similarities. However, there are still some significant differences between these two sections of AKV, so I’ve added a poll to find out which one people prefer.

Below is a chart comparing the two sections.

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Compare/JamboKidaniCompare.png
My opinionated comparison​

Below are links to the resort's post on the DVC Resort Information thread, which contains more detailed information.

AKV Resort Information

Which section of AKV do you love the most?

http://i235.*************************************Misc/RelatedThreads.png

http://i235.************************************************************* DVC Mike - *******.com

Some possible, minor corrections to your chart. As to Jambo's room sizes being "smaller," that is true for 1BRs and 2BRs but the studios, other than value, are about the same size at the two buildings, and the Jambo GV is more than 100 sq ft larger than Kidani's. Kidani's parking is not really "underground" but instead mostly "under-building" and at some places just outside the building; it is the ground/first floor and is on same level as Sanaa. Kidani does have valet parking. You also might want to mention that Kidani's pool slide is much longer than Jambo's.

Good chart.

We like both but Jambo is our favorite.

Jambo has that wow factor to us that wilderness lodge and GF have with the big multistory lobby (especially at Christmas with the huge Christmas tree)

I've never stayed at Kidani. Stayed at Jambo twice and loved it. I love being part of the main resort with the beautiful grand lobby and the better food options.

Stayed at Kidani this past May. While we were at the resort we found ourselves over at Jambo enjoying the lobby, and the better food choices. When he head back to WDW in 2017 I am going to try for Jambo from now on. I would assume we will go with Kidani once we have children to take advantage of the second bathroom in the one bedrooms.

Kidani for us! We always seem to get better views and with 2 teenagers, the extra bathroom and space in the one bedrooms are wonderful! Also, could be my imagination, but the rooms seem brighter.

Kidani here. It is a much more laid back resort. We like the larger rooms, the animal viewing is a bit better, and the entire atmosphere is relaxing. That being said, we visit Jambo often to eat at Mara.

We love both, Jambo is perfect if you are staying in a studio. We love Kidani if we are in a 1 bed, as it has two bathrooms

Kidani--Love the 2nd bath and the pool area is really nice. We prefer to stay here when we have a car so that we can hit the restaurants close by.

One thing you miss in the chart is the bathroom configuration in the studios. Some folks prefer the Jambo configuration where the commode and shower are separated by a door, whereas at Kidani, the commode is separate, but the sinks and shower are open to each other. Personally, I found the Jambo configuration to be much too cramped.

I love Kidani's pool area! I am not a "sun" person, and the pool had lots of available shade. But still provided lots of sunny areas for those who enjoy that.

It's interesting how close the vote is, but I wonder how many of those voting have actually stayed in both Kidani and Jambo? Otherwise, I would guess that we would all just vote for the one in which we stayed, unless we had had a bad experience?

It's interesting how close the vote is, but I wonder how many of those voting have actually stayed in both Kidani and Jambo? Otherwise, I would guess that we would all just vote for the one in which we stayed, unless we had had a bad experience?
That's a very good point. I only just stayed at Jambo. Lots of people talk about the restaurants at Jambo, but I really did like Kidani better. One person was adamant that the bathroom configuration in the studio was better at Jambo, but I hated it.

Are you saying that you like being at the first bus stop because the buses often fill up? Otherwise, I could see advantages of being the last stop, so that you don't have to stop anymore prior to the parks.

Are you saying that you like being at the first bus stop because the buses often fill up? Otherwise, I could see advantages of being the last stop, so that you don't have to stop anymore prior to the parks.
You're always going to be the second stop in one direction. Do you want to get on at the first stop, or get off at the first stop?

Yes, for the ride to the parks you're almost guaranteed a seat. Coming back your the first stop.

While I love the rooms at Kidani, I voted Jambo since it has better access to dining and just has a better vibe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter