Resort Change by Disney

Sorry that you had a bad experience with the CM. You can call DME directly at (866) 599-0951 or you can use the link below to enter or update your Flight details for US based guests.

https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform
Dave
Oh wow, that's really helpful, thanks. This is about the third time Southwest has changed my flight number (they keep cutting back on flights for the day we are traveling, understandably). I don't mind it much, it just took me aback because normally everyone on the phone is so chipper. It just made me realize they must REALLY be having a string of bad days with all these new announcements and changes.

I have 8 nights booked at AoA in a Cars Suite for October, and called last night to switch. It's me and 3 teenage boys so I explained I needed at least the 3 beds and 2 baths. Was first told the only possibility for that configuration was a 2 BR villa but she couldn't upgrade me to that. I asked about the possibility of 2 regular rooms and was told no because I don't have 2 adults on the res. So I was polite but blunt and said if you want my $6,000, you are going to need to find me a 2 bathroom solution or else I have no choice but to go off site. She put me on hold and came back and said she could do 2 rooms after all because she can make the 17 year old an "adult" and book the second room that way.

But, when she tried that at CBR, they had no availability for 2 rooms during our dates, or anywhere else except CR Garden Wing or Pop. I didn't want either of those (even she admitted Pop is a downgrade and I didn't like the Garden Wing when we stayed there). So then she said she could offer me a 2BR villa, but the only availability they had was SSR. I declined that as well and asked what my options were. She said I can keep the AoA for now and check back because they get lots of cancellations. So now I'm holding out hope for a switch to 2 rooms at CBR since it has the skyliner.

Can I ask why you don't want to stay at SSR? For some reason, that resort gets a lot of flack, but I really like it. You can't beat being able to walk to Disney Springs, especially now that you can't park hop so I imagine having the extra evening dining options is a plus. JMO

Can I ask why you don't want to stay at SSR? For some reason, that resort gets a lot of flack, but I really like it. You can't beat being able to walk to Disney Springs, especially now that you can't park hop so I imagine having the extra evening dining options is a plus. JMO
I'm not the pp, but this seems to come up so I would guess the reasons are along the lines of common complaints I've seen coming up here: (1) spread out and long bus loop is not ideal when buses are running at such low capacity; (2) disney springs is something we and several others here are actively avoiding right now because of reports of large crowds and poor mask compliance compared to the rest of disney resort; and (3) not the most appealing (or easy to get to from your room) feature pool, which is a downside when parks have reduced hours and it is HOT out and no water parks.

Through a TA? I know one of the agencies had BC booked & everyone got moved to Poly but now Poly will be closed...
Yes, we booked through a TA. Our agent emailed us after the Poly closure announcement. She emailed us the following day to say that WDW was moving us to CR. It showed up shortly thereafter on MDX.

The main reason was because it wasn't on the Skyliner (but also because I did not know much about it). My general thinking was and is if I am going to give up the Skyliner and themed suite, I wanted a significant upgrade for what I'm paying for an already reduced experience. I had already decided I don't want to deal with the buses based on what I have read so I will be renting a car. The Skyliner was the only thing keeping me onsite. Without it, there just doesn't seem to be any benefit to staying onsite if I have to rent a car anyway. I have always been an onsite person, but with the reduced experiences overall I am leaning toward staying offsite in a luxury condo or private home for a third of the cost. That would leave us enough money to take another trip when experiences are closer to normal.

The main reason was because it wasn't on the Skyliner (but also because I did not know much about it). My general thinking was and is if I am going to give up the Skyliner and themed suite, I wanted a significant upgrade for what I'm paying for an already reduced experience. I had already decided I don't want to deal with the buses based on what I have read so I will be renting a car. The Skyliner was the only thing keeping me onsite. Without it, there just doesn't seem to be any benefit to staying onsite if I have to rent a car anyway. I have always been an onsite person, but with the reduced experiences overall I am leaning toward staying offsite in a luxury condo or private home for a third of the cost. That would leave us enough money to take another trip when experiences are closer to normal.

Thanks for the reply. I find it interesting that everyone likes something different. For me, I refuse to stay at a skyliner resort. The idea that I might be stuck in that little box if something happens is a big NOPE for me. I got moved from POFQ to (first)BWI, then had to change to Yacht Club. I am thrilled to be able to walk to Epcot but I would have taken SSR also.

We had two preferred rooms at POR booked. ( DH, me, 4 littles), I called when my final payment was due and asked what happens since POR is closed. The CM said I would be moved and price protected. They came back with two standard rooms at CBR telling me there would be no additional costs!! I asked if I might receive a refund on the difference since I had preferred rooms and was being moved to standard. I was hoping to simply get two preferred rooms at CBR. They put me on hold again and came back giving me 2 bdrm villa at SSR!! We have never stayed there and I am really excited!!! although it would have been really cool to stay on the skyliner the full kitchen and extra room will be really nice too!! I guess Disney really wanted to keep my money!!!! 8-)

Last edited:

I ended up changing my CR tower room to Riviera. Probably sounds crazy but we just weren’t feeling CR. I want to be on the Skyliner because I don’t like riding busses.

We had two preferred rooms at POR booked. ( DH, me, 4 littles), I called when my final payment was due and asked what happens since POR is closed. The CM said I would be moved and price protected. They came back with two standard rooms at CBR telling me there would be no additional costs!! I asked if I might receive a refund on the difference since I had preferred rooms and was being moved to standard. I was hoping to simply get two preferred rooms at CBR. They put me on hold again and came back giving me 2 bdrm villa at SSR!! We have never stayed there and I am really excited!!! although it would have been really cool to stay on the skyliner the full kitchen and extra room will be really nice too!! I guess Disney really wanted to keep my money!!!! 8-)

You are going to love the 2bdrm villa. The washing machine alone is worth it. Have a great trip!

I'm going to find out tomorrow - For our stay begging on 8/22 we've been bounced around from our original Destino Tower Club to Copper Creek to Poly. Would love to keep Poly for a future stay but I doubt it. Will let you know how it goes.

No dice. Wouldn’t let me keep Poly for another date. It’s over. Now just waiting for Parkhopping, at the very least, to come back before I consider heading down again. Focus now shifts to refunds on my AP.

Good luck to all!

I ended up changing my CR tower room to Riviera. Probably sounds crazy but we just weren’t feeling CR. I want to be on the Skyliner because I don’t like riding busses.
We paid to transfer to Riviera too. It seems like the best option of the deluxe resorts open right now (still has all its dining open, skyliner transport to both parks, nice pools). Fingers crossed! It's our first time at a DVC resort so interested to see give it a try.

The fact that they came back to you with a bit of a downgrade hoping you'd be excited to get price protection drives me nuts. I know it's nothing huge, but the mindset argh. They tried to pull the same thing with me acting like they were doing me a favor moving me from a family suite at AoA into 2 rooms at Pop. I passed, but it's aggravating.

No dice. Wouldn’t let me keep Poly for another date. It’s over. Now just waiting for Parkhopping, at the very least, to come back before I consider heading down again. Focus now shifts to refunds on my AP.

Good luck to all!
Was your future date for later this year? I've had 3 different reservations that they've offered to move my dates keeping everything the same (only 1 I took them up on, the other we moved resorts and still holding out on 1.) This has happened over 3 different phone calls over the last month and a half, so I definitely think you can change dates...if for this year...they would not let me keep it for next year.

The fact that they came back to you with a bit of a downgrade hoping you'd be excited to get price protection drives me nuts. I know it's nothing huge, but the mindset argh. They tried to pull the same thing with me acting like they were doing me a favor moving me from a family suite at AoA into 2 rooms at Pop. I passed, but it's aggravating.
Buyer beware. Good business today. Not so great tomorrow if the customer find outs they got screwed.

I'm trying to decide when/if I should call to find out their offer--I have a room booked at POFQ from 11/25-12/2 for myself, my husband, and my grandson. We chose FQ because of the size of resort. My grandson has some special needs and the smaller resort works better for us. Any ideas on alternates that might work as well?

We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at SSR over the 4th of July week. It was beautiful and so roomy. I think it will be perfect for your family. 2 queen beds in one bedroom and a king in the other. There was also a pull down beds in the living room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter