Resort board pet peeves?

Mine are the use of acronyms for evvvverything - yo I was at CR in the CL after I got back from F! with my DH and DS and DD (8) then we went to MK via the TTC. MNSSHP was happening and it was cool to get a snack with the DDxDP. Favorite snack was from ASM better than most TS offerings, Headed to AKL with DH tomorrow for KS hope it's awesome! Then finish up at B&C at the BC don't even need an ADR! YMMV IMHO! Make sure you get the SV at AKL if renting DVC. Pass the ROFR before contract is valid! SSR and OKW FTW! AoA! SAB is awesome and so close to the IG!

:rotfl2:

Oh, what about calling CRT, "Cindy's"!!!!!! What,you're eating in the castle so now you're on a new nickname basis? That's like fingernails on a chalkboard. :scared1:

Yeah well, after you finish up at "Cindys" be sure to head over to "Vicky and Al's" for dinner.

blackacex2 said:
I agree you should do some research on your own, definitely. I think my main pet peeve in all of the DIS is the limitation of posts per page (although I do understand the need for those limitations.)

I agree 100%

My pet peeve happens when someone asks "Can you tell me about XYZ resort?" and gets a reply like "I've never stayed there and never will because I don't think.."

If you haven't stayed there, how are you adding to anything with your negativity that has no basis in fact?

When you don't state something exactly the way Disney does,and someone corrects you for it.

When it's a pet peeve thread,and people take your pet peeve personally and try to defend it:confused3 Everyone has pet peeves,right? May not be the same ones,but the world would be a pretty creepy place if we all walked around like Stepford Wives:thumbsup2

One of mine is thread titles that begin with Okay Be Honest... or Give Me Your Honest Opinion About...

Like do you think we're all liars and if you didn't ask us to be honest then we wouldn't?:confused3

When you don't state something exactly the way Disney does,and someone corrects you for it.

When it's a pet peeve thread,and people take your pet peeve personally and try to defend it:confused3 Everyone has pet peeves,right? May not be the same ones,but the world would be a pretty creepy place if we all walked around like Stepford Wives:thumbsup2

Like "I'm going to Disney World. The Happiest Place on Earth." That bugs me because Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth. The Magic Kingdom is the Most Magical Place on Earth.

But Epcot, DHS and AK don't have any magic or happiness at all. ;)

My pet peeve happens when someone asks "Can you tell me about XYZ resort?" and gets a reply like "I've never stayed there and never will because I don't think.."

If you haven't stayed there, how are you adding to anything with your negativity that has no basis in fact?
This is the one that irks me, also.

It's one thing to have negative feelings about a resort if you've had a less then pleasurable stay there, but it's downright ridiculous to disparage a hotel based upon its lobby - or worse - what the outside of the building looks like!

I have a lot of pet peeves but the ones that come to mind first are dining reviews or questions that refer to food as yummy. It makes me think the food is for kids and not adults.

Anyone who thinks that a question is not worthwhile. Somewhere, way back when, I was always taught that there are no dumb questions. If a thread doesn't interest me, I just move on:)

Some of mine:

1. Copious use of emoticons.

2. Adding an 's' to places like Ohanas or Bay Lake Towers.
(I'm going to Burger Kings for dinner before checking into the Holiday Inns)

3. I agree with 'ressies', but I throw up in my mouth a little when someone types 'brekkie' instead of breakfast.

Mine are about the resort-specific FAQ threads and the code-watch threads. The thing that irks me is when people contribute no useful info, and use these threads just to add things like "I'm staying here next time" or "we're going in August." To me, this just adds up to pages upon pages of non-useful information. Asking questions & providing answers is fine, because other people might have those questions, too. But when I want to know something about a resort, I don't want to have to weed thru 234 pages of "I'm going!" to find the answer. And every time I see there's a new reply in a code-watch thread, I get my hopes up (thinking a discount's come out), only to find _____ is going in December, too! [maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of these types of threads?]
:stir:

Then there's the people subscribing by adding a tiny blurb, "subbing," or a smiley. You can use the Thread Tools to subscribe; you don't need to write anything. And don't get me started on people who disregard the FAQ's & sticky threads at the top of each board which contain a wealth of helpful information. Maybe they just miss them - I hope?
:confused3

OK, I'll stop now...sorry, guess I'm just in a mood. Happy thoughts, this is all about Disney, right?!
::yes::

Some of mine:

1. Copious use of emoticons.

2. Adding an 's' to places like Ohanas or Bay Lake Towers.
(I'm going to Burger Kings for dinner before checking into the Holiday Inns)

3. I agree with 'ressies', but I throw up in my mouth a little when someone types 'brekkie' instead of breakfast.

Ugh...the "s" thing....yes....:faint:

I don't get why that happens....and so often...:confused3

I find it useless to ask others what room number to request at a particular resort. Seriously, if there are 1000 rooms, why would someone think they could request a particular room???? Just book the view you are willing to pay for and then request upper or lower floor. You get what you get!

K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter