resort babysitting???

shadawn

Earning My Ears
We have plans to have and adult evening out during our November stay and I cannot believe how friends are reacting when I explain to them the kids will have a sitter they do not know. My DS9 and DD6 are very outgoing children and I dont really have a concern with them "taking to" a stranger for an evening but our friends travelling with us are quite concerned leaving their DS7 and DD3. Any comments or suggestions to put our minds at ease and can all four children stay together if we request it:confused: :confused:

Are you using in-room babysitting or are you taking the kids to one of the Kids Clubs located in the resorts?

We'd be using the in-room baby-sitting since we are staying at ASSP and clubs are not available

With kids ages 9 and 6 I'd HIGHLY recommend one of the Disney kid's clubs! You need not be staying at the resort to use them. The kids will be in a supervised center with lots of fun activities, games, toys, vidoe games, etc. and they can even eat dinner there. My daughter LOVES the Sandcastle Club at the Beach Club and I know the other centers are great too.

Where do you plan on going out? I'd just use the club that is nearest to where you will be. Be sure to get reservations at least 24 hours in advance, and keep in mind that most clubs are open from 4:30 pm till midnight, and plan accordingly. You can get reservations at the Guest Services desk at your resort.

Have fun! :D

POSTSCRIPT I just noticed that you have a THREE year old traveling with your group as well, and with a child that age you will not be able to use the clubs. In that case, in-room babysitting is your best bet. I've used Kid's Night Out, the service that Disney recommends, and was pleased with the sitter and had no problems leaving my 8-year-old with her. The sitters are thoroughly screened and have lots of experience with children.

Go and enjoy your night out, with four kids you all deserve a night alone! :)

All 4 children can stay together, and for in-room sitting, they give a per child discount once you are up to 3 or 4.

Some of the Kids clubs are open to anyone staying at a disney resort. So, if you were planning an adult nite out and eating at Artist Point at WL, the kids could stay at the Cubs Den there. You would need to call Disney to find out exactly which ones.

Down side to the club's are that they close at 12:00, so if you were planning a late night at PI, that would not work. Plus, if you are taking Dis Transportation, getting from resort to resort can be challenging.

I, personally, have only used the kids clubs. However, I've been researching in-room for this trip. The in-room sitters are bonded, carefully screened and all non-smokers. They will even take the kids to the arcade or the playground, etc., if you request it. Plus, the old adage, safety in numbers. With all 4 kids there, and the oldest being 9, I don't think you have to worry about their safety with a sitter you don't know. I read a handful of positive reviews about sitters - nothing negative - that people had posted. If you do a search for babysitting, you should be able to find some older discussions on this.

Thanks!! We will probably still use the in-room sitting so we don't have to rush back by midnight and I know our friends would feel much more comfortable with my DS9 staying with their DD3. It will give her piece of mind that DD will still have a familiar face to turn to if needed.

Do they give pagers\phones to contact us if needed or should we make sure we take our own??

The in-room sitters do not have pagers, if you have a cell phone definitely leave the number with your sitter. I'm sure the kids will have a blast and be fine. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter