Resign and watch people freak out

Ive quit my job 3 times and have been fired twice....I gave a 45 second warning 2 of the three times I quit, gave a weeks notice on the 3rd....went begging back withing the week after I left. The 2 times they fired me I was back working with them within the month....nothing like stability!!! Of all the quitting and firing...Ive never gotten a raise...in fact....the first 5 years they used to pay me a small nightly income and give me vacations and bonuses from time to time....NOW, I dont even get a thank you for letting us bend you over, they dont pay the DJs ANYTHING anymore. We're now "independant contractors" and only make what we can get out of the dancers....Maybe I'll quit tonight....naaah....I'll just get drunk instead!!!

Wow, when did they stop paying the DJs? I used to hit Bourbon St from time to time and never even thought about it. Of course I was in the middle, not at the "ends" where it gets really "creative" down there. I was more of a Cat's Meow and Pat O's kind of girl. Of course, some of the clubs down there change names more than I could keep up with. I generally levitated to where the loudest music was coming from. The DJs make the place. Without DJs, noone would even bother to come in.

To bring this back into the job topic, we used to go there after work a lot when I was delivering pizzas in college. There and Denim and Diamonds at the Galleria, remember that palce??? How about Mustang Sally's on Williams? Don't know why those places closed down? Lot's of good times there. OK, now I know why I should NOT move back to New Orleans.

I'm really not concerned about "retribution" so to speak. This kind of thing happens more often than you'd think in this business.

I've got a meeting in the morning to discuss their counter-offer so we'll see how things go.

Sooo....how'd it go, Mike???

Sandra...Denim & Diamonds!!??!! MAn...I havent thought about that place in years!!! Mustang Sally closed due to lack of business....the last year I lived in Kenner had gotten so bad, well...lets say the biggest part of the people that lived in that area were not your typical "country music" fans..It was a big club though and really nice atmosphere. Pat Os will never go through a name change...but the company that owns Hustler also owns Cats now. Do you remember Kenny Vincents South Side?
Oh...and they stopped paying us right after the hurricane....they knew there was no market for DJs....so if a DJ wanted to work, theyd supply the equipment, but no longer supply any pay....it was pretty insulting at first, but I stuck to it and got used to it. Some of the smaller "hole in the wall" clubs pay the DJ a little bit, but they cant get the girls in large enough amounts to justify not paying a DJ.

Rog, I would head to D&D around 11pm and leave when it closed. Sometimes we would head to the quarter after that have breakfast at Denny's (corner of vets and I10, I know not very good, but only place open) and make it home for dawn. Ahhh, the good ole days. I was tamer in the Mustang days. Was home before 1am usually. Hmm, oh well, I have enough kids to keep my life interesting now. Our idea of dancing all night is putting on radio disney, putting the little one on the coffee table and jamming til 10:30pm. :dance3: boy am I living dangerously now. :banana:

Well I will not be leaving my current company after all. I didn't get everything I wanted, but I got enough to make me stay. The additional incentive brings my pay increases in the last 6 months to 23%. So I guess its not all bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter