Residence Inn at Cape Canaveral

mmouse37 said:
Welcome to the boards.....great to hear you now have a bar and full hot breakfast...we actually have 4 rooms booked with you for the night before our November cruise. But be prepared....most people will be requesting an earlier shuttle than 11:00 am....the port opens for check-in around 10:00 and a lot of people want to be there when they first open...so be prepared that people will be looking to go earlier than 11:00.

Oh, someone mentioned a lap pool....is it truly a lap pool meaning not very wide (for only 1 or 2 people at a time) or is it a rectangular pool that hold many? Thanks!!

:cool1:

Thanks for the welcome I have heard about the boards from several of our guests. So deceided to pop over and check them out! I work at the front desk usually the 3 to 11 shift. My name is Julie.

It is not a lap pool it holds lots of people. It is a very pretty nicely shaped pool. Its not rectangular ummm its hard to describe! :)
hmm I was going to post a picture of the pool but I am not sure how to do it. I have pictures of the hotel in my photobucket but when I tried to put them in here they did not show up. hmmm If someone will tell me which of the links to use to post them here I will post a pic of the pool. BTW I may have to switch sign in as the one is being a pain and not letting me sign in via the web sight grrrr. So I may have to use a secondary sign in that I set up last night. Julie-1

It's great to have a first hand source of information! Thank you for joining. We're staying at the Residence Inn prior to our cruise (switched from the Radisson where we stayed last year). I'm also interested in whether the shuttle service will allow for earlier trips to the port. If not, do you know, approximately, what it would cost for a family of 5 to take a taxi van to the port? The breakfast, do I understand correctly, is included in the price of the room? That is :cool1:

snelsonbrown said:
Welcome aboard JMK127 - sounds like you have super tight connection with The Residence Inn - you aren't Pat are you? This is Shirley at The Perfect Gift and if there are any questions etc, drop me a note or call me at the shop -
Always
Shirley

Nope, Not Pat. :sunny: He is my GM. :) I am Julie and I work at the front desk on the 3 to 11 shift. :thumbsup2

I am also interested in getting to the port earlier, I need to change my palo reservations and reserve tea with Wendy. If the shuttle wont' work, does anyone have any idea how much a taxi might cost?

Thanks to the Residence Inn folk for keeping us up to date. Add my voice to those requesting an earlier start to the shuttle service. We have a reservation for the Friday night before our December cruise! Also would like the taxi rate info for comparison reasons (we have a number of family members traveling).
Thanks!

Hi all :cool1:
Just :Pinkbounc wanted to say hi and thanks for all the info provided to the Dis'ers.. Sounds great :banana:
James

:thumbsup2 Wow...great info, thanks everyone now I won't have to bounce around to find info. :Pinkbounc

Hi Julie,

Thanks for joining. We will find some of us are a little compulsive in the planning dept - but it is all in good fun! We are booked for 2 nights at the Residence towards the end of November. We will be doing a little sightseeing around Cocoa Beach before our cruise. Definately hitting the Dinosaur Store for our DS and liekly taking in the Pier. We might also do one of those airboat tours - I think about a 30 min drive from your hotel? Anyway, looking forward to our stay.

Can you pls advise whether rollaway cots are available and if there is a cost? Our DS is 4 and we'd rather have him in the room with us than in the lviing room (we've booked a 1 bdrm suite). Also, is there a grocery and/or liquor store near the hotel?

We'll be renting a car from Budget at MCO and dropping off at the Budget on Astronaut Blvd - is the Budget close to the hotel? Walking distance?

About the pictures - you can't post pics until you have a certain # of posts on the boards - not sure what the magic # is.....maybe 25? We'd all look fwd to any pics you might have as the official website for Residence doesn't hae any.

Thanks and welcome to the DIS! :disrocks:

Hello Julie,
Glad to see that you have become a part of the disfamily - when I came in to meet Pat, your GM, I also met up with Sue who I have known for sometime. I have watched the Residence Inn start from nothing to what it is today - if fact when I was checking out the pool (outside of the fence), the security guards where still there looking over the property since it was just almost completed - they were super nice when I told them I was just scooping out the place so that I could report the progress here on the board - I have "checking" on places now for over 6 years so those that come here, will leave here with good thoughts - its a shame RI doesn't have a shuttle but I was told that it was being "considered" - now I do know Ron with space Coast shuttle and he appears to be a super guy, but there have been many displeased customers who have been left out in left field on pick ups - Ron did explain that he services those that have reservations first and then when any hotels call him, those customers are put on the back burner - anyhow I do prefer space Coast to Art's since Ron was kind enough to meet up with me - when I am by the hotel this coming week, will stop in and introduce myself -
Thanks for coming on board.
Always
Shirley

Hi Everyone!
I am Julie and I work at the front desk at Residence Inn. I just tried to post a message but I think it ended up is cyber space somewere. I will go and look for it but in the mean time here is a little for you to read and look at.

I have photos of Residence Inn in my photobucket account your welcome to look at them but, remember they are NOT OFFICIAL MARRIOTT pictures I took them myself. got to photobucket and put jmh127 in the search window. disboards wont let me post the link sorry....
Looking forward to seeing everyone when they arrive! I usualy work the 3 to 11 shift so there is a good chance I will be there when U check in. If not then the other GSR's will take very good care of you!

snelsonbrown said:
Hello Julie,
Glad to see that you have become a part of the disfamily - when I came in to meet Pat, your GM, I also met up with Sue who I have known for sometime. I have watched the Residence Inn start from nothing to what it is today - if fact when I was checking out the pool (outside of the fence), the security guards where still there looking over the property since it was just almost completed - they were super nice when I told them I was just scooping out the place so that I could report the progress here on the board - I have "checking" on places now for over 6 years so those that come here, will leave here with good thoughts - its a shame RI doesn't have a shuttle but I was told that it was being "considered" - now I do know Ron with space Coast shuttle and he appears to be a super guy, but there have been many displeased customers who have been left out in left field on pick ups - Ron did explain that he services those that have reservations first and then when any hotels call him, those customers are put on the back burner - anyhow I do prefer space Coast to Art's since Ron was kind enough to meet up with me - when I am by the hotel this coming week, will stop in and introduce myself -
Thanks for coming on board.
Always
Shirley

I look forward to meeting you Shirley! I am off Tuesday and Wednesday. But, will be there the rest of the week. We may have already met or seen each other I just am not good with names. I usually remember faces just the names escape me.........

DutchsMommy said:
Hi Julie,

Thanks for joining. We will find some of us are a little compulsive in the planning dept - but it is all in good fun! We are booked for 2 nights at the Residence towards the end of November. We will be doing a little sightseeing around Cocoa Beach before our cruise. Definately hitting the Dinosaur Store for our DS and liekly taking in the Pier. We might also do one of those airboat tours - I think about a 30 min drive from your hotel? Anyway, looking forward to our stay.

Can you pls advise whether rollaway cots are available and if there is a cost? Our DS is 4 and we'd rather have him in the room with us than in the lviing room (we've booked a 1 bdrm suite). Also, is there a grocery and/or liquor store near the hotel?

We'll be renting a car from Budget at MCO and dropping off at the Budget on Astronaut Blvd - is the Budget close to the hotel? Walking distance?

About the pictures - you can't post pics until you have a certain # of posts on the boards - not sure what the magic # is.....maybe 25? We'd all look fwd to any pics you might have as the official website for Residence doesn't hae any.

Thanks and welcome to the DIS! :disrocks:

Ok going to do this again I dont see my reply so I guess its in cyber space somewere LOLOL!!! thanks for the great Welcome!!!

I dont mind the compulsive suff thats fine my Sis is that way I am more like ok what ever happened happens we will have fun doing it! :-)

We might also do one of those airboat tours - I think about a 30 min drive from your hotel? Yes I have heard these are lots of fun! I have not done this personaly but have heard from others.

Can you pls advise whether rollaway cots are available and if there is a cost? YES we have cots PLEASE make sure U request on in ur reservations! Also make sure U ask for one at check in as weekends are busy and cots are sometimes a hot item. We will do our best to have one for u. :-)

Also, is there a grocery and/or liquor store near the hotel? YES there is a publix about 2 miles from the Hotel and a ABC Liqour store about 1 1/2 miles away.

is the Budget close to the hotel? Walking distance? Ummm ya if DH does not mind the walk its um around 3 or 4 long blks away. I think from what I have heard that budget does shuttle folks to the port when they return their car. But, I am not for sure on that. :-/

You can see my pictures in my Photobucket I cant post the link (I tried) so just go to photbucket and put jmh127 in the search and click on my Residence Inn album. PLEASE REMEMBER THESE ARE NOT OFFICIAL MARRIOTT PICTURES. I took them myself. The room I have pictures of is our studio suite. These were taken back in May before our Bar was open. The bar is out on the patio by the pool.

JMK127 said:
You can see my pictures in my Photobucket I cant post the link (I tried) so just go to photbucket and put jmh127 in the search and click on my Residence Inn album. PLEASE REMEMBER THESE ARE NOT OFFICIAL MARRIOTT PICTURES. I took them myself. The room I have pictures of is our studio suite. These were taken back in May before our Bar was open. The bar is out on the patio by the pool.
JMK127's Photos of Residence Inn Cape Canaveral

Thank you Julie these are great!

Thanks Julie..the pics are great and pool looks wonderful...a nice free form pool!!!

You should also know..no bar at residence in, not even a pool bar. And the pool is lap pool style, not resort style like at radisson.

Did you check out the pics Julie posted....not sure what you mean by a lap pool....the pool looked "hotel" style in the pics. Isn't a lap pool retangular? Is there another pool you saw, maybe? :confused3

Thanks Julie (and Bella2000 for posting the link) for the pictures. The RI looks great. We will be staying there the night before our cruise in October.

I have a question for you, do you have a list of restaurants that offer delivery? I know most RIs we have stayed in usually have one. We will have a one day car rental but delivery would be a nice option if the kids are cranky. LOL.

kaseyC said:
Thanks Julie (and Bella2000 for posting the link) for the pictures. The RI looks great. We will be staying there the night before our cruise in October.

I have a question for you, do you have a list of restaurants that offer delivery? I know most RIs we have stayed in usually have one. We will have a one day car rental but delivery would be a nice option if the kids are cranky. LOL.

Thanks for posting the link for me Bella2000!!!!

As far as deleivery at this time we have 2 places one is Chineese 'gin sing' or something like that.The other is called 'The Italian way'. We have menues at the front desk for both places. I have ordered from both places and they are both excellent!

Thanks Julie for the pictures! We'll be staying there in September before our cruise too. Thanks again for all the great info! :thumbsup2

JMK127 said:
Thanks for posting the link for me Bella2000!!!!

As far as deleivery at this time we have 2 places one is Chineese 'gin sing' or something like that.The other is called 'The Italian way'. We have menues at the front desk for both places. I have ordered from both places and they are both excellent!

Julie, thanks for all the great info. Me and my family will be staying at the Residence pre cruise and post cruise. Would we be able to have access to a computer to print boarding passes from the airline?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter