Reserving more than 1 week

blondietink

DIS Veteran
Tomorrow I will be making a reservation at Aulani for one week in September online at 8 am. However, we really are planning on spending 9 nights. Do I have to call member services on Tuesday and Wednesday morning to add on the extra nights or can I do it online on Tuesday and Wednesday?

This really is a pain only being able to reserve 7 nights at a time. My other timeshares don't have that restriction. Hence we are staying for 11 nights on Maui and that reservation could be made all at once.

The other option you have is to wait until Wednesday and book online all nine days at the same time. You are gambling that the first two days will still be available on Wednesday. If the Resort Availability Tool on the DVCMember website shows all dates available around my travel dates, then I might be willing to take that gamble. However, if there are some days already unavailable within a week of my checkin date, I probably would not want to risk it.

Good luck!

Well, I was able to add the extra 2 days by calling each day and adding. But, of course this morning their computers were down so I was a nervous wreck because I had a meeting to attend plus a phone conference, so I couldn't call back until just a few minutes ago. Honestly, when will they ever get their computer system so that it actually works on a consistent basis? Also, it is so frustrating not being able to make a reservation for more than 7 days at a time. UGH!

How many days do your other timeshares allow you to reserve at the opening threshold?

As long as you have enough points, you can book as much as you want as far as I know. We also can book between 12 and 8 months out at our home resort and then at 8 months we can book at any resort in the system as long as it is available. So, last month at 8 months out I booked 11 days on Maui all at once.

i tried to book today for 9 days before i saw this thread. of course it wouldn't allow me. what's the rationale of only allowing 7 days when i have the points for a longer vacation. seems they make it more inconvenient for no reason

i tried to book today for 9 days before i saw this thread. of course it wouldn't allow me. what's the rationale of only allowing 7 days when i have the points for a longer vacation. seems they make it more inconvenient for no reason
I'd assume it's to make the process more fair. If you could book as many days as you want, then someone with 350 points would have a huge advantage over someone with only 160 points or fewer. If you had enough points, you could circumvent the home resort advantage entirely. And "walking" would be an even bigger problem than it is now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter