• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservations for Dessert?

TRS19

Earning My Ears
Going to WDW with my husband in January, first time either one of us have been as adults! Looking at dining options as my booking window is quickly approaching.

If there is a specific dessert that I am interested in at a TS restaurant, but I don't want to eat a whole meal there, can/should I make a reservation for just dessert? I searched some past threads and it appears this is technically "allowed," but I am wondering if it is one of those cases that is "allowed but generally frowned upon." I don't think what I have in mind will be a hard-to-get res, so I'm not as concerned that I'll take it from someone else, but more that the staff would be annoyed?

What say you? Is this ok?

it is allowed and the staff might be happy to have a "easy" table for the night, go ahead and enjoy your dessert

Going to WDW with my husband in January, first time either one of us have been as adults! Looking at dining options as my booking window is quickly approaching.

If there is a specific dessert that I am interested in at a TS restaurant, but I don't want to eat a whole meal there, can/should I make a reservation for just dessert? I searched some past threads and it appears this is technically "allowed," but I am wondering if it is one of those cases that is "allowed but generally frowned upon." I don't think what I have in mind will be a hard-to-get res, so I'm not as concerned that I'll take it from someone else, but more that the staff would be annoyed?

What say you? Is this ok?

Definitely okay and not frowned upon. We tend to be a little generous with our tip when we do it since we are taking a table, but that's just our thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter