• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservations and Rise of the Resistance

disgrits

DIS Veteran
I can't find an answer to this, post-covid reopening, so forgive me if this question has been asked and answered. If my boarding group is called at the same time as my dining reservations, do I have to pick between the two, pay the "no show" price at the restaurant, or will they work with me?

I can't find an answer to this, post-covid reopening, so forgive me if this question has been asked and answered. If my boarding group is called at the same time as my dining reservations, do I have to pick between the two, pay the "no show" price at the restaurant, or will they work with me?
You have a full hour to get back to it, so unless it gets called at exactly the same time I don't think you would have a problem. Our group was called about 10 minutes into our dinner at Brown Derby and we just told our waiter that we would need to dip out quickly - he was great about it and my husband simply left once he finished eating while I waited for the check. I ended up not going on at all since our little one got nervous and backed out, but they were very understanding at the ride and willing to work with people. If you're already waiting for the ride when your dinner reservation gets called I would just ask a CM to call the restaurant and explain that you'll be 20 minutes late. They might not be able to hold your table (although I bet they would) but I'd be really surprised if they charged you the no-show fee

We had this issue in September so we asked the CM at ROTR to make sure before we left the park for our ADR (the ride had a lot of break downs that day and our group 54 wasn't called until 4pm). We were told that it was no problem to come back if our group was called during our ADR. We went to Beaches & Cream and our group was called when we were seated and we ended up getting back to the ride 2 hours later, around 6pm and got on with no problem.

We had this issue in September so we asked the CM at ROTR to make sure before we left the park for our ADR (the ride had a lot of break downs that day and our group 54 wasn't called until 4pm). We were told that it was no problem to come back if our group was called during our ADR. We went to Beaches & Cream and our group was called when we were seated and we ended up getting back to the ride 2 hours later, around 6pm and got on with no problem.
This is good to know because I have been wondering the same thing.... Of course first I have to obtain a boarding pass....

We had this happen to us in Feb. Had breakfast reservations booked, and our boarding group overlapped. When we finally made it to Hollywood, guest services assured me that it would not be a problem. Rise will allow people entry anytime after their boarding group is called. We were about 2hrs late, and the cast at Rise never questioned our return time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter