Reservation problem!

Tygerlilly

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I've got kinda a big problem with my reservation.

I started a new job and there was a lag in pay. In any case, in the chaos of moving and trying to get on a new pay schedule, I'm just barely $500 short on paying my reservation off by Monday.

Have any of you ever had this problem? Can Disney do any kind of grace period? I'd really only need maybe a week. Or am I totally screwed?

If your package isn't paid in full 45 days prior to arrival, Disney will most likely send you an email stating the balance is past due. I don't think reservations cancel due to non payment until around 30 days prior to arrival, so there is a little grace period in there prior to cancellation. But with that said, I would call Disney today and explain the situation and have it noted on your account and then pay it as soon as you can. Good luck.

Couldn't you just put the balance owing on a credit card and then pay off the credit card on payday?

Call them, they'll work with you! Reservations don't auto-cancel until the 30-day mark as mentioned. They want you to come, they'll work with you on extending your deadline!

That's good news! Whew!

I don't have and can't get a cc. Bad decisions as a teen and now I have bad credit. I'll call tomorrow morning for sure.

As others have mentioned, you should definitely be fine to pay it a week or so later. This happens to many people and they have always gotten more time. Just let them know before Monday though.

I have been in a similar scenario before. But for me all I could do was claim a "blond moment"! I absolutely FORGOT when my 45 day mark was! (I know. Who does that right? ME.) Well I called Disney and they didn't even bat an eye. She said " No problem. I'll just make a note on your reservation and no one will bother you." What a relief. I paid it the following payday which was 6 days after the phone call. I never got an email though. Weird. Don't stress. Just call them and let them know.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter