• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resale

LoveMyDVC

<font color=purple>Cartoon characters that don't w
Anybody see any resales for BCV recently? I haven't seen any. How much per point are they? Thinking of buying a resale to add on to my current BCV timeshare. May end up buying a BWV instead. Any recommendations on how to bargain with selling for closing costs and maintenance fees? THanks.

:earseek:

I saw some about 2 weeks ago for BCV. They were $73 and $74 per point and I don't think either one had points for this year.

As far as closing costs and maintenace goes, the problem with negotiating on these items is, it may cause problems with getting past ROFR. You are looking at a deal (saving money) for buying resale, and so is Disney. I am not saying it can't be done, but it could be a little more risky than if you paid for these items. You can just make your offer and the agent will run it past the seller (seller pays closing and maintenance or a combination of either one). One suggestion is to ask to have your maintenace prorated from the month that you are taking over the points instead of paying for the whole year.

The problem is that it is hit and miss. I have had ROFR take a deal from me once, and I now have another deal in waiting to hear. This time I went $1.00 above asking and paid all fees. In this deal it still made sense because there were a lot of booked points, but you have to take everything into consideration.

If this deal doesn't go through, and there are no other multi-year point deals out there, I will buy direct from Disney, because at a certain point, the savings just isn't there anymore.:cool: :cool: :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter