Resale purchase/booking ????

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
We are set to close late next week and the day after closing my broker says she will help me get a membership ID #.

Can I book rooms once I have that # or do I still need to wait until Disney does something...... If so, aproz. how long?

Anyone bought resale recently?? How long after closing could you book?

We are hoping to go in May and I am getting a little nervous about booking....

Thanks bunches!!
:bounce:

When we closed the broker gave us the number and said that I was to call Ms the next week and change names (this was on a thurs). I called but for some reason we still weren't in the computer so we had to wait another week. I'm sure this was just a fluke for us, you will probably be able to make reservations right away. As long as you are flexable about where you want to stay you should be able to get a room somewhere.

Nelle

As soon as you have a member ID number you can book (having the number means DVD/Member Services now recognizes you as a member). However, it sometimes takes a few days after closing to get one. Note if you get the number and call and they say you are not in the computer then ask them to check their sell/buy list and files and give them the seller's name--they keep them by seller's name and those will show you have closed and should be allowed to reserve.

There is a wide variability in time after closing until you can book. Many people have experienced a few days to a week. Worst case seems to be mine, where Murphy was involved in every step of the way, and it was about a month, even with close follow-up.

My suggestions, based on experience are:
- BEFORE you sign the contract, have some very explicit discussion with the resale broker and the closing agent about who will do what, with what timing, and who will follow-up and report to you.
- AFTER the closing date, keep track of who you talk to, when, and what they promised. If you aren't in the member services computer in five working days, start doing some daily checking. Questions would include:
+ did the closing agent or resale broker actually send the documents to Disney? When? How (e.g. slow mail, overnight express)? Do they have some proof of receipt by Disney? IN my case, the closing agent apparently went on maternity leave which delayed document transmission.
+ Call member services, ask for administration, and ask them if they have the documents and when will they put you in the computer. They are very nice, and in at least my case, did a wonderful job once the agent got the transfer to Disney.
+ If you have been put in the computer, see if the person who transfers points has done that. In my case, I ended up in the computer, but no points were transferred, because the person who does that was out sick.

I believe you should be able to book within about ten days, with good followup.

Thanks so much for all your responces.... I am in such a hurry to start enjoying the DVC membership!!!

Nelle.... Your right... we should be able to get a room for our trip... I just hope we get our first choice! LOL

Cap.... Thanks for your information! I will take good notes on who said what when and follow thru on it!

Drusba...... THanks for the tip on looking up by seller! :-)

I CANT WAITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter