Resale DVC Purchase

oshun

Mouseketeer
Our friends where at Disney last week and met with a DVC Salesperson. They weren't sure if they are ready to buy or how many points they wanted, so did not jump on purchasing through them. I mentioned a resale, which is how we got our OKW DVC. We also had owned through Disney at BCV, but sold this. Our friend said the salespersons from Disney told him that if they bought a resale, they could only use their points at that specific resort and could not stay anywhere else. The salesperson said this was a new rule. I have never heard or read anything stating this. I told him I would post something on this forum. I think the salesperson just didn't want to loose the sale so gave him false information. Am I correct or has anyone else read or heard of such new rules? :confused3

oshun said:
Our friends where at Disney last week and met with a DVC Salesperson. They weren't sure if they are ready to buy or how many points they wanted, so did not jump on purchasing through them. I mentioned a resale, which is how we got our OKW DVC. We also had owned through Disney at BCV, but sold this. Our friend said the salespersons from Disney told him that if they bought a resale, they could only use their points at that specific resort and could not stay anywhere else. The salesperson said this was a new rule. I have never heard or read anything stating this. I told him I would post something on this forum. I think the salesperson just didn't want to loose the sale so gave him false information. Am I correct or has anyone else read or heard of such new rules? :confused3

No rule at this time. I would call DVC membership to let them know this salesperson is reporting this.

I didn't think it was true, but told our friend we would put this posting up to check. Since it was coming from a DVC salesperson and Disney is usually so professional, has high standards, and is usually giving true information, I was confused. I will tell him to call and report this salesperson for false information. Thanks! :thumbsup2

This isn't the first time someone has posted that they were told that by a DVC "guide".It has amazed me ,and quite frankly disappointed me that some are blatantly lying.:crazy2:

This isn't the first time someone has posted that they were told that by a DVC "guide".It has amazed me ,and quite frankly disappointed me that some are blatantly lying.:crazy2:

Keep in mind that this "quote" is something that a friend told the OP that a DVC salesperson told him. I'm not questioning anybody's credibility here, but I am saying that even when we hear things directly it's not always 100% accurate. The fact that this information passed through a few people does make me question whether or not this is just a miscommunication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter