Resale DVC AP discounts

DHofCrazyMouser

Earning My Ears
I recently seen a post or two that someone was able to get the DVC AP discount even though they were resale after April 2016. We just bought resale and already have 7 day park hoppers from Undercover tourist when they were on sale, we planned to upgrade to APs anyway but this would be a great surprise and a decent savings. Anyone have any firsthand experience or insight if this is happening?

That info was either bogus or Disney made an error. No AP discounts are suppose to go to resale only buyers.

Last edited:
some people mistakenly got blue cards and for a short period you could actually order one on the website.....

The CMs are supposed to check the DVC system to validate membership as part of the process to issue (or to activate a voucher or will call purchase) DVC annuals. IIRC, we didn't even need to show our blue cards & the CM didn't ask for them.

I think the report here that a resale purchaser was able to buy was a "happy accident" ( or perhaps some unexpected pixie dust).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter