Resale+Add-on= still not available for perks

madchatter

...mustard? Now don’t let’s be silly...
Called MS today to book a painting with a view date for an upcoming cash trip. It was full. That's not the point of the post...

Person tells me that even if there had been availability, I would not have been eligible. Even though I own direct also, the majority of my points are resale. So only if I happened to be staying on those 25 points would I be able to book. Even on a cash reservation, had there been availability, they would've had to try and get an exception from someone to do it.

Only stays paid for with direct points are eligible for certain perks INCLUDING Moonlight Magic!!! Is this the case? Have any of you resale owners been allowed to book these sorts of things?

Many of our future trips will be a blend of points I'm sure. And knowing this, perhaps I can make sure that there are at least a few direct points used on all of them.

I was under the distinct impression that once the add-on was in place, the membership is considered full.

Please let me know what success you've had booking special fireworks cruises, moonlight magic, etc..

Thanks!

I was under the same impression as you. If you're a member, then you're a member.

The only time points should matter is if you are trying to swap points for DCL or the like. While you are eligible to do that as a direct member, only direct points can be swapped out.

Nah - things like Moonlit magic you don't even have to be staying onsite at all.

If you get something like that either ask for a Supervisor or else just hang up and call back.

But I'd send MS an email - that CM needs training. Maybe it's the same CM that tells owners they aren't allowed to rent their points. :rolleyes:

But I'd send MS an email - that CM needs training. Maybe it's the same CM that tells owners they aren't allowed to rent their points. :rolleyes:

sounds more like the CM who mocked an owner as a resale purchaser then had to backtrack when they realized the owner had a direct contract. wonder if there is more of a concerted effort to hassle resale owners as a misguided strategy to force more direct sales...

sounds more like the CM who mocked an owner as a resale purchaser then had to backtrack when they realized the owner had a direct contract. wonder if there is more of a concerted effort to hassle resale owners as a misguided strategy to force more direct sales...
I thought that might be it after her first comment about not being eligible for that perk. I said 'well, I think there should also be a direct contract there as well'. And she just doubled down with "yes, I see that small direct contract". I'm just glad she was wrong. I intend to do some of the events and extras.

I would email someone but I can't remember her name. It was something pretty fancy like Chevon or something. Oh well.

I would email someone but I can't remember her name. It was something pretty fancy like Chevon or something. Oh well.

Write with the time and date you called. You know what, I think I spoke with her, actually. She spelled her name all wrong, given that it's actually an Irish name (spelled correctly it would have been Siobhan but that's NOT how she said she spelled it when I complimented her on her name). With that info I bet they can figure it out.

They should be able to listen to the call.

I had a CM tell me I couldn't book the Sat May 13 DVC Pandora preview because my room was booked on Fri May 12.

I told him he was wrong, that Disney considers a stay to be the night and both days surrounding. I told him every other function of Disney respects that: use of amenities, dining plan, FP booking, etc,

Nope. He was right and I was wrong.

Hung up. Called back. Waited another 20 min:

"I'm sorry that the person you talked with earlier didn't have the right info, we'll be happy to get you booked."

The preview was amazing.

Last edited:
Agreed that they should be able to track down the info from time and date you called.
I went ahead and emailed. Maybe nothing will come of it. But this is our first week as owners and we really want a good experience and if nothing else, correct information.

They should be able to listen to the call.

I had a CM tell me I couldn't book the Sat May 13 DVC Pandora preview because I was booked on Fri May 12.

I told him he was wrong, that Disney considers a stay to be the night and both days surrounding. I told him every other function of Disney respects that, use of amenities, dining plan, FP booking, etc,

Nope. He was right and I was wrong.

Hung up. Called back. Waited another 20 min:

"I'm sorry that the person you talked with earlier didn't have the right info, we'll be happy to get you booked."

The preview was amazing.
We go to the preview on Sunday, my husband can't wait.

I went ahead and emailed. Maybe nothing will come of it. But this is our first week as owners and we really want a good experience and if nothing else, correct information.

Glad you wrote.

With complaints to a business you're never entitled to know the outcome, but I'm quite sure they pay attention to specific complaints.

Wonder what they spend our dues on, training doesn't appear to be in the budget.
Call centers pay poorly, are very high-pressure, and have frequent turnover---you'd have to nearly double the cost (with a combination of higher wages and lower productivity expectations) vs. a typical call center to even make a dent in this.

This is why I never ever call the service line for any company for any reason if I can help it.

I got a call today from a very chipper person at DVC who verified that the CM had been incorrect and that they would be 'afforded the opportunity for additional training'. So that's good. You guys were confirmed. It doesn't matter what type of reservation you have, how it was booked or whether you have a reservation at all. Once you have the direct membership you are a member with full privileges and can take advantage of any DVC opportunity.

This is why once I got a person at member services that I liked, I just asked for his extension and now I just call him!!

This is why once I got a person at member services that I liked, I just asked for his extension and now I just call him!!

I have two of those ext numbers and used them and have never gotten that person, Someone else always plcked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter