Requests for the YC

allisonswonderland

DIS Veteran
Ok we are planning a Sept Trip and it turns out my resorts did not work out
so we are staying at the YC not my first choice, but it will work!

We have always stayed at the BC and have been in branching out mode (which is the reason I was a bit bummed about staying at the YC)

I am staying in a standard view room - but would like to knw what are the best things to request at the YC, as I have never paid attention to the layout.

EX at the BC I request a full balcony and close to the elevator

No need to request a full balcony at YC, as virtually every room there has a full balcony.

Unfortunately, a majority of the standard rooms overlook the parking lot and/or the convention center. Probably the best view to ask for, is somewhere near the wedding gazebo. Most of the rooms do have a full balcony, but they're not all private. If you're most concerned about the view, I would stick with that as my one and only request (and ask again at check-in).

To help you get your bearings, this site has a layouts and room numbers. You'll have to disregard the views though, they're out of date.

We love love love the YC...I am totally bummed because we are staying at the BW in Oct instead (no 40% off discounts at the YC like at the BW). We were there April 08 and had a killer waterfront view and watched the fireworks from our balcony every night.

We had a standard view Oct 07 and were in room 1091, ground floor with a gorgeous view of the garden, roses right in front of our chairs and the gazebo. We watched a wedding one morning, it was gorgeous. Very clean rooms and great mousekeepers that left me a ton of H2O products every day.

The quiet pool was just steps away from our room, we felt like it was our pool alone since no one ever used it...just perfect for us 2 adults that wanted to relax.

Great dining at the Yachtsman and Captains Grille too. Super friendly and very accommodating staff. We cannot wait to go back there!

Here are pics of the standard garden view room 1091

YachtClub10.jpg

YachtClub8.jpg

YachtClub7.jpg

YachtClub6.jpg

YachtClub5.jpg

YachtClub4.jpg

YachtClub2.jpg

YachtClub.jpg

Disney094.jpg

Disney095.jpg

Disney096.jpg

Disney097.jpg

Disney098.jpg

I second the request for a Wedding Gazebo view. We also had a 1st floor room (1031?) that was at the end of the 1st hall off the lobby. Awesome location.:)

Like you do at the BC, we always request to not be too far from the lobby elevator. Those hallways are so long...

Also, if you want a daybed, I would make sure it is on your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter