Requesting Where To Sit At BOG

If you are going for dinner they only seat in the West Wing and the Main Ballroom. The Rose Gallery is not used.

I have had dinner in the Rose Gallery several times over the years since it opened, I believe it is still in use as we were just there a few months ago.

We did ask once to be in the Rose Gallery when we hadn't yet sat in there, and our hostess said, "well we can't take any requests but you're in luck, that's where you're going!" However like a pp I've read quite a few reports of people requesting a certain room and getting it :)

That worries me. We've had lunch there twice but the the west wing is always full, and we really, really want to try it. The disney website reads "you can select from 1 of 3 Royal Rooms for Loyal Subjects...All 3 venues share the same menu, so whichever you choose, you cannot lose!" So this year I made dinner reservations specifically to be able to request the west wing, otherwise we would be just as happy grabbing quick service and paying a lot less. I may just cancel because I don't want to get stressed out about it.:worried:

That worries me. We've had lunch there twice but the the west wing is always full, and we really, really want to try it. The disney website reads "you can select from 1 of 3 Royal Rooms for Loyal Subjects...All 3 venues share the same menu, so whichever you choose, you cannot lose!" So this year I made dinner reservations specifically to be able to request the west wing, otherwise we would be just as happy grabbing quick service and paying a lot less. I may just cancel because I don't want to get stressed out about it.:worried:
You know, I've never actually read what it says on the website. We ate there for the first time the first week it was opened back in 2012, sat in the west wing. Since we knew what it was like I've always just booked every time we've eaten there since, never needed to check out any info on the site. I do know not everything they say on their website is completely accurate.......:rolleyes: and I completely understand not wanting to spend more $$ if you couldn't sit where you want. On the other hand having eaten dinner there multiple times in addition to breakfast and lunch, I will say we LOVE dinner and do think it's worth the money, plus if it's any interest to you Beast is there for dinner. So I'd say take a chance and keep the dinner reservation! It doesn't hurt to ask for the west wing, as long as you go knowing they may not be able to accommodate you :thumbsup2

If you really want to request a specific room, they've always allowed us to. We've just had to wait a lot longer to get our request. So if you don't mind waiting, state that when you make your request and it's likely they will honor it. We have never once been told no and request a room to sit in every time. Just be aware that the west wing will likely have one of the longer waits to be seated. It's a small room. There's no need to be stressed over this though, it's only dinner.

Agree, there's no reason to stress. While I can't speak directly to BOG, it is pretty common for restaurants to close off sections that aren't needed.
It isn't about time of year, as much as it is about current demand, current staff on duty, or maybe the restaurant expects a large group to arrive momentarily. (Do you really wanted to be seated in the middle of a large corporate meeting or regional cheerleading meet?) Think about cleaning, staffing. Also EACH room of BOG has a large beverage station. Those stations have to be kept stocked with fresh coffee, creamer, straws, etc.

We have been to all three sections. They all serve the same food, and we could mostly see all three sections at every meal. They aren't closed off from one another.

On all our visits, guests were allowed to visit the other dining rooms if they wanted. Expect others to take photos no matter where you sit, but they are least intrusive (on your meal) when you are in the main dining room.

Like everything else at WDW, there are pros and cons to everything. You probably can request a certain room if you desire. IMO, it isn't really worth an extra wait. I'm not saying don't do it, just that it isn't a choice I'd make. All three areas are fine.

That would be the method of doing just about every single thing at WDW.

It is much better to arrive far too early, than to arrive a minute too late.
Well...not always at WDW, at least not IME. (though I understand you were joking a bit)

We won't sacrifice our morning coffee time to be at the gates before RD.

I have plenty of experience with arriving ahead of our assigned ADR times, and it didn't give us an discernable advantage.

The last time we arrived 30min ahead of our ADR, we were seated over an HOUR PAST our ADR time slot.

I never get to sit in the West Wing. :(
I think the West Wing looks cool, but it is sooo dark. Plus you have the flash of people's cameras going off quite often.
We ate in the West Wing. We will always request to NOT be in the West Wing. The continual camera flashes were extremely annoying - the blinding flash in a dark room is almost painful. And this was happening every few minutes!
If you must photograph the West Wing, please announce that you are about to blind diners with your flash so we can close our eyes or turn away.

We ate in the West Wing. We will always request to NOT be in the West Wing. The continual camera flashes were extremely annoying - the blinding flash in a dark room is almost painful. And this was happening every few minutes!
If you must photograph the West Wing, please announce that you are about to blind diners with your flash so we can close our eyes or turn away.

Why do people take a flash picture in there anyway? It ruins the ambiance, even in the photograph. Plus, if you take flash picture of the rose, chances are you won't see anything there at all. The same applies to dark rides.

Why do people take a flash picture in there anyway? It ruins the ambiance, even in the photograph. Plus, if you take flash picture of the rose, chances are you won't see anything there at all. The same applies to dark rides.
Not able or willing to adjust camera...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter