• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Repositioning cruise?

Oofies

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the repositioning cruises? I am thinking about bookin the 2008 from California to CC. Is the cruise 'too long?'

Thanks!:thumbsup2

from what I understand both 2008 repo cruises are sold out and there is a looong waiting list, but you can try ;)

Has anyone done the repositioning cruises? I am thinking about bookin the 2008 from California to CC. Is the cruise 'too long?'

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Don't want to sound mean, but where have you been? Don't think you'll get on that one.:sad2: But stranger things have been known to happen:thumbsup2

I will call and see if they can put you on the list... usually there is quite a bit of cancellations when final payment is due.....

My wife , myself, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law did the Westbound Panama Canal cruise in May of 2005. We are all booked on the 15 day Westbound in 2008. All reservations were made on the first day of booking for this cruise. You may be able to get a booking when the final payments are due on this cruise due to cancellations. GOOD LUCK.

Our family did the eastbound in 2005 and loved it. To answer your question, it was not too long. We thought it would be, but there was so much to do the time just flew by.

As to the cruise being sold out. I would not be concerned because people cancel all the time. When I first tried to book in 2005 it was sold out and I just kept checking. I was able to book about 10 months out If you really want to go, just keep checking, it doesn't take that long to check on line.

Two friends and I did the Eastbound in 2005 and loved it....we could have stayed onboard another two weeks....

Unfortunately those repos sold out in the first day with prices doubling by the end of the day....

If you are able to snag a cabin, it will be at the highest price.

Whilst in 2005 as in this year the Repo did sell out, there were cancellations and people did get on, by booking in the last couple of months, I met one family who booked late and didnt know what all the fuss was about.

I found 14 nights, now 15, quite relaxing. The next cruise a seven day won a year laer felt too short. At least I have 11 nights in the summer.

It was definitely not too long on the Eastbound in 2005. In fact, it was the only time I'd been on the ship when I felt like maybe it was time for vacation to end. We had done several days at Disneyland also....

As to booking, it is currently sold out. However, on the previous crossings there were a lot of cancellations in the final few days that you could get a full refund. The ship did sail full, but it was possible to book at 90-105 days out.

Yes, as others have said the Eastbound sold out in a matter of hours when the sail dates were released on Jan 31st.

There were many that tried to book that day and couldn't get a reservation. I can't say how long the waitlist is and it can't hurt to put your name on it, but I wouldn't get too hopeful since it was the most popular booking for the summer of 2008.

The WB sold out too, but not as quickly. I believe that took a few days instead of hours.

Yes, as others have said the Eastbound sold out in a matter of hours when the sail dates were released on Jan 31st.

There were many that tried to book that day and couldn't get a reservation. I can't say how long the waitlist is and it can't hurt to put your name on it, but I wouldn't get too hopeful since it was the most popular booking for the summer of 2008.

The WB sold out too, but not as quickly. I believe that took a few days instead of hours.

I understand DCL either havent a waitlist or closed it, but keep looking say about the 90 day mark.

Or, no joke, EBAY DCL sold a cabin on that last time for charity. But that was expensive. $19k+ Cat 9.

Wow, I had no idea it was so popular (no, I have not been reading this part of the boards). I guess we will just have to wait until 2009, glad to hear it is great!!!
HMMMM, maybe a 7 day western cruise or europe while we are waiting....

Maybe in a few years one of the new ships will be doing this cruise more frequently!

We did the EB PC Repo in 2005 and 14 nights is NOT TO LONG. It was a great cruise as others before have stated ::yes::

Please tell me that "Bacon and Shmootie" are your Furr Babies :rotfl2:

Yes ,it's pretty pricey. The cost for DH and I for a Cat 6 GTY, was just under $8000.00.

Yes ,it's pretty pricey. The cost for DH and I for a Cat 6 GTY, was just under $8000.00.

I think DCL definitely "learned their lesson" about pricing on the repos next year. When we went on the EB repo in 2005, we paid just over $9000 for a Cat 3 (me, DW and DS11). I checked online the morning they allowed booking next year's repos and a cat 4 would have cost us more than that Cat 3 did. That's the main reason I said ..... nope, not going to do it again, even though it was a fabulous trip the first time.

of course its not too long last year i went on a short 7 night disney cruise i told my wife never again will we go on a short 7 night cruise. this year im going on the 14 night disney cruise and next year is on the 15 night disney cruise.

For the EB Repo in 2008 we had the choice of a Cat 3 - 14k or a Cat 6 - 10k.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter