Report on Spirit Flight from Atlantic City

lizzie64

<font color=purple>Clay is my man!<br><font color=
I have to say I loved Atlantic City airport. This was our first flight from there.

We were told by Spirit to be at the airport 3 hours before our 7am departure time.

I debated what time to get there. We took a hotel room near the airport the night before so we could get some sleep.

We got to the airport by 5am. Well, it was a zoo. The check in line was very long. And they check all bags by hand so once we checked in we had to wait on line to have our bags checked.

Needless to say we pissed some people off, because travelling with 4 kids we had lots of bags plus 2 strollers.

I like the convenience of having assigned seats which Spirit does not do. You get your seats when you check in. I was glad we did get there 2 hours ahead of time. There were many other families that got split up all over the plane.

All in all, I will definitely use Atlantic City from now on. Spirit airlines was good. I definitely recommend the 3 hours they tell you. They need it to check you in.

I'm so glad you posted about your experience! We fly out in about a month, and I wasn't sure how early to arrive for a Saturday 7:00 AM flight. We flew Spirit last year and it was not crowded at all, but we also had a 2:30 flight out on a Thursday afternoon.
Also, I found out that if you book online, Spirit now allows you to choose your seat assignment. This is something that started after April 12, 2003. I bought my tickets prior to that, so I was told by a Spirit rep that I couldn't take advantage of it, but it is definitely something to keep in mind for the next time!
Thanks again! :D

Your welcome,

And thanks for the heads up about the seat assignment. That makes me feel better about flying with them again.

LtlTee - looking at your countdown, I'm guessing we're on the same Saturday 7:00 AM flight. We're also going to AC the night before. See you there!

NancyJ,
Cool! I saw on the "who's going in June" thread that there are quite a few people from this area headed down in June -- I was wondering if anyone would be on that flight.
Just curious -- are you up North? Never heard of Spotswood!

Spotswood is in Central NJ - Middlesex County.
Where in NJ are you from?
We are staying at an Econolodge near the AC airport on Friday night. We will be staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge at WDW. We're using Cartier towncars to get to VWL. We will be returning to NJ on 6/28 on the 10 something AM flight.

We are in Marlton, only about 45 minutes from the airport (maybe 1/2 hour that time of the morning with my husband driving!:p ). We also return on 6/28, but we are on the 6:15 PM flight home.

Hi TZMOM!
Take 73 to the White Horse Pike towards Atlantic City. You then make a right onto Tilton Road (there is a traffic light there and it is well marked). You'll pass the Lenox Outlet on the left. You'll come to a circle and you go 3/4 of the way around and the airport is just down the road a bit. (Not sure of the name of this road.) It really is very easy to get to, and there are signs marking the way as soon as you turn onto Tilton Road.

nancyj,
We've stayed at that Econolodge on 4 occasions, most recently two weeks ago. We've always had real nice stays there (nice enough for me to recommend staying there to folks here on this board).
Just a little tip, to request to be located as far away as possible from the road (very busy Blachorse Pike).
Otherwise, our stay there was nice as always.
The room was nice and clean, and the whirpool tub was great, but that darn highway was busy all night long, and made it real hard to sleep. We would have asked to be moved, but our 2yr. old did manage to fall asleep.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter