Report on issues raised during planning

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
Over the past several months I frequented this board looking for info to help me during our stay. I've tried to cover all of the issues with which you helped me during the planning phase. (I've addressed wheelchair issues separately.)

For those who worried with me about bee stings last month, I only ever saw 1 bee - at Epcot around the flowers (Flower & Garden Show month!) and 1 wasp - along the path outside DAKL to the buses. It was minding its own business!

Several mornings we saw smoke from the fires. On Wednesday (5/23) it was so bad I heard that they closed the bus transporation - after we were already in MGM. It was so thick, we couldn't see ToT from the FastPass distribution site. Once the cloud cover burned off, the smoke dissipated. However, I did have several days of severe difficulty with my allergies because of it. I coughed so hard, that I'm sure there are people who went home to their doctors for TB tests!

I used a Brita filter for the times when I absolutely had to drink the water & it really helped. There were multiple reports in the papers while we were there about the problems with the drinking water. (I didn't read them, but DS did & was worried about using ice!) DS agreed that the filter really helped & he felt better after he started using it.

I had no real problems with my blood sugar while there despite the heat. I just let it run a little higher than normal & made sure we always had snacks along.

I think that covers all the topics I posted about before leaving. I just want to thank all of you again for the help you've given prior to our trip! It really made a difference!

I hope you enjoyed your trip!! It sounds like your planning paid off!! I,m also glad you didn't have any trouble with your Blood Sugar! I found that to be the trickiest part!lol!

Just read both posts! :) Despite some minor snags...I'm thrilled to know you had a great trip!! :)

Thanks for posting. It's always good to get some fresh experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter