Renting points questions

jeleebeene

<font color=9999CC>Has a caffeine-free Stitch!<br>
DH and I own DVC points and made a reservation months ago for October. Well, as luck would have it, I now have a mandatory meeting I must now attend out of town, and we are unable to use those points, which many of those were borrowed (and we will lose if we don't rebook this year).

My question is, even if the points were borrowed, are we still able to offer that reservation points for rent? I wasn't sure if we could change the name on the reservation, or if we would just need to rebook with another name if we happen to be able to rent the points. We have never thought of renting before, but would much rather give someone else the opportunity to use them rather than losing them.

Anyone who is able to help in anyway is appreciated. Thanks!!

I would first try to offer your reservation on this board, since most of October is sold out. If you don't get any takers by this weekend, then cancel the ressie and offer the points for rent next week. And if those points are OKW points, I would want to buy a few from you, so I guarantee that you will be able to sell the points, if not the ressie itself! Good luck!

Originally posted by jeleebeene
DH and I own DVC points and made a reservation months ago for October. Well, as luck would have it, I now have a mandatory meeting I must now attend out of town, and we are unable to use those points, which many of those were borrowed (and we will lose if we don't rebook this year).

My question is, even if the points were borrowed, are we still able to offer that reservation points for rent? I wasn't sure if we could change the name on the reservation, or if we would just need to rebook with another name if we happen to be able to rent the points. We have never thought of renting before, but would much rather give someone else the opportunity to use them rather than losing them.

Anyone who is able to help in anyway is appreciated. Thanks!!

Sorry about the meeting and your cancelled vacation.

Yes, you can change the name on the reservation. It doesn't matter if you used borrowed points to make it. No need to cancel and re-book if you find someone willing to rent the time.

Best wishes -

Another thing to consider befroe you cancel. If you have a December use year (Or similar) it might be next to impossible to rebook those points into another reservation and you could end up losing the banked/borrowed or even all of the points. Make sure a unit is available you can use or rent before canceling. October is very much sold out and you sould be able to rent your present reservation with no problem......

You all are so great and I appreciate all of your responses. I think we will go ahead and see if we can find any takers for the week we have reserved. If I can't, I'll see about just rebooking where available. Our use year is in March, so not a problem there (thank goodness).

Again, thank you so much!! If anyone has any other advice, I am open for suggestions!

Dear Friends:

I am not a DVC member yet but I am considering renting points for an April 05 trip to either the Beach Club Villas or Wilderness Lodge. Can anyone advise me on the best way to work out the details of the transaction with the seller. Also - the price I will pay by buying points seems somewhat low eg: 14 points (about $130 or $140 per night for the Beach Club). Are there some other charges or some hidden costs that I am missing.

Thank You

Dan

Points typically rent for about $10 each, so that's where you should be. You'll be delighted with what you get for $140. Only additional "fees" are optional - tip for housekeeping. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter