Renting Points from Main Board

claire towlson

Earning My Ears
Is it okay to rent using main rent board if I follow all advice re renting like getting references from DVC member, receiving confirmation letter prior to paying any deposit monies etc.

Has anyone else rented from main rent board?

Thanks
Claire

Yes! Twice with no problems whatsoever!

I paid using my Paypal account which is a safe way to pay. Checking the number of posts a seller has gives some authentication but they can be easily "bumped up" by sending "happy birthday's" etc to other members, or they could have a low score like me as i am an avid reader of posts but don't have time to write!!!

Good luck!;)

I guess there are no guarantees Claire, but at least with the DIS boards you can check number of posts, how long they have been on the DIS etc.

As with life, you would have to be incredibly to get scammed.

Kev

I'm in the UK, but have rented points OUT on the main board without worries. Paypal is a good method for international payments.

Hi,
I have rented point twice off the main board and had no problem.
I rented off 2 really nice people, who emailed a lot of advice about the resort and suggested what request to put in (near elevator etc ) to work best for me.
I paid via paypal and they sent me a copy of the booking conformation.
All in all, it was a really nice experince. :goodvibes

I also have rented twice from the main boards with no problems I have used Paypal to pay and I have also signed a contract with the vendor which although I know isn't watertight gave me some assurance that everything was ok. I agree with the other posters you can check if a poster has posted before if they have rented before etc.
Hope you have a good experience
Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter