Renting Points and Waitlist ??'s

thr33boys

DIS Veteran
I hope it's ok to post this question...

After much deliberation on picking a resort, we came across renting points. We are so excited, we've made arrangements and are very pleased with our experience. Our trip is in November, the only downside is, we were not able to get our first choice for the duration of the trip so we are waitlisted for the last 3 nights. We do have a backup booked for those 3 nights but I have about 4 other options I'd like to consider before having to go ahead with the backup. My question is this, is there anything I can do to check dvc resort availability without pestering the owner I'm renting from. She's been very kind and has offered to periodically check for me but I wouldn't mind doing the legwork since I'm the one who has a vested interest in it. If I did find something, she said I could let her know and she would try to secure it for me.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks!

My question is this, is there anything I can do to check dvc resort availability without pestering the owner I'm renting from.

nah. member services won't even speak to nonmembers and there's no way for non-members to log-in online to check DVC inventory.

the cash inventory you can see on the disney site or expedia is not the same as pts inventory, so that doesn't help either.

edited to add: all of november and december is a super-high demand period for DVC owners, so it can be tough if you don't book at exactly 11 months out. but she is nice to at least try to waitlist for you...it's possible that it might work out but awfully uncertain...

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do - MS will only speak with the owner. If your wait list comes through, it will show up on the Member website and the owner should get a new confirmation they can provide to you.

Thank you both for your replies. That's pretty much what I figured, I just wanted to make sure.

I guess I was pretty lucky to get the first 4 nights :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter