Renting House info needed

Paul From MA

Earning My Ears
I'm Looking to rent a house in the 4 corners area. The rental company has asked for a copy of my Drivers license or passport, is this normal? I feel kind of hesitant about sending this info

I’ve rented several houses through VRBO and have never supplied a driver’s license or passport.

I'm Looking to rent a house in the 4 corners area. The rental company has asked for a copy of my Drivers license or passport, is this normal? I feel kind of hesitant about sending this info
We rented a house in florida , and they needed a copy of our ID for my DH and I... I had no issue with it. You give it to the hotel right?

Know someone who owns a house they rent on VRBO. They NEVER ask potential renters for such information. Payment is through a 3rd party so they never see the name of the renter or any type of credit card information.

It is actually very common. I am a member of a couple of Short term rental groups and, basically, the major platforms offer homeowners very little protection in the case of extensive damage or theft By asking for your ID they can establish that you are not a local just looking for a place to throw a house party and they also have an actual name and address if they were to find the need to try to recover damages.

This used to not be very common. Unfortunately with many owners having their homes trashed or stolen credit cards being used to make reservations, this is becoming more common. It is a way for owners to protect themselves. I do not hesitate to do this when asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter