Renting at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for dummies!!!

Hemlock

DIS Veteran
I have read the entire "We love Bonnet Creek" thread and their is a ton of valuable information, but the topics changing with every few posts, so I find it difficult to get in depth with any specific topic.

I am looking to rent a week at BC from May 1-8. Can you rent from Sunday- Sunday? I am locked into May 1st because our flights are already booked, but the 8th is negotiable because we are actually staying in Orlando until May 16th (staying onsite at Universal for a few days).

I have been hearing about these great deals that people get from ebay, but I really need some guidance. As I understand, the best deals to be had are within 60 days of your travel date. Do you just wait until 60 days and hope that someone posts an auction with your exact dates?? Do you contact ebay sellers and asks them to set up a custom auction at 60 days?

I have briefly looked into Redweek, but I am nervous about buying from someone without any "feedback" - like on ebay where some sellers have rented hundreds of timeshare weeks.

I also hear great things about Ken Price at Vacation Upgrades. Has anyone got a better from him at 60 days. I hear that he will check availability and rebook at the lower rate if possible?

There are so many knowledgeable people on these boards, so I am hoping that someone will give me some guidance. Please, please please.....

I have read the entire "We love Bonnet Creek" thread and their is a ton of valuable information, but the topics changing with every few posts, so I find it difficult to get in depth with any specific topic.

I am looking to rent a week at BC from May 1-8. Can you rent from Sunday- Sunday? I am locked into May 1st because our flights are already booked, but the 8th is negotiable because we are actually staying in Orlando until May 16th (staying onsite at Universal for a few days).

I have been hearing about these great deals that people get from ebay, but I really need some guidance. As I understand, the best deals to be had are within 60 days of your travel date. Do you just wait until 60 days and hope that someone posts an auction with your exact dates?? Do you contact ebay sellers and asks them to set up a custom auction at 60 days?

I have briefly looked into Redweek, but I am nervous about buying from someone without any "feedback" - like on ebay where some sellers have rented hundreds of timeshare weeks.

I also hear great things about Ken Price at Vacation Upgrades. Has anyone got a better from him at 60 days. I hear that he will check availability and rebook at the lower rate if possible?

There are so many knowledgeable people on these boards, so I am hoping that someone will give me some guidance. Please, please please.....
You have plenty of info now to start shopping around. Contact a few renters and find out what kind of deal you can get now.

I have always paid less than $100 a night for Bonnet Creek, but I always book within 60 days. I am flexible. I do contact owners and shop around a bit if i need a reservation change or more days.

Since you have already bought your airline tickets, I suggest you get a book backup to bonnet creek that you can cancel without penalty. That may put your mind at ease a bit.

Happy shopping!

Just to clarify - Are you saying that I should contact some sellers on ebay (even though they are not advertising my exact dates) right now and see what they are willing to offer in terms of price. If I am not happy with the current price, should I contact those same sellers at 60 days out and see if they have a better offer?

I contacted an owner a few days ago and he said that he only had 4/30 and 5/6 available. Does that mean that 5/1 is not available at all???

I have an existing reservation at POFQ, but DH does not want to stay there anymore. He absolutely wants the extra space at BC.

Just to clarify - Are you saying that I should contact some sellers on ebay (even though they are not advertising my exact dates) right now and see what they are willing to offer in terms of price. If I am not happy with the current price, should I contact those same sellers at 60 days out and see if they have a better offer?

I contacted an owner a few days ago and he said that he only had 4/30 and 5/6 available. Does that mean that 5/1 is not available at all???
I have an existing reservation at POFQ, but DH does not want to stay there anymore. He absolutely wants the extra space at BC.

I own wyndham points and just checked your dates. May 1-8 is available in both a 1 bedrm and a 2 bedrm. It could be that the person you contacted had already reserved certain dates and that's what is available. In the past when I am out of points, I contact Ebay sellers that are offering a week at a reasonable price and ask them if my exact dates are available. Have done this twice with no issues. Of course, if I am patient I can pay less at the 60 day mark... but I like to have everything reserved with plenty of time.

Best of luck and enjoy your vacation:)

You want to cast a wide net to see what kind of deals you can get now. Most of those people on eBay renting reservations are doing it as a business, so of course you can talk to them now. If you like an offer, go for it . If you think they're too high, wait, history shows the price will drop.

There are some current auctions on ebay for $100-$120/night. How much can I expect to save on a 7 day stay by waiting until the 60 day mark. I realize that this is a difficult question to answer since some people seem to get amazing deals. I guess what I am asking is what type of nightly rate should I accept as a pretty good deal per night for May.

There are some current auctions on ebay for $100-$120/night. How much can I expect to save on a 7 day stay by waiting until the 60 day mark. I realize that this is a difficult question to answer since some people seem to get amazing deals. I guess what I am asking is what type of nightly rate should I accept as a pretty good deal per night for May.
The "amazing" deals I've found are usually at the last minute -- like within a month. Also, they are usually from smaller Wyndham owners, not the biggest of the power sellers, who do a better job of managing their points. For a "regular" deal, I aim for around $100 a night.

How much is your budget? If you try to hit the lowest possible price, you will drive yourself crazy. I've bought a reservation in the past for $600 only to see one a couple of days later for $500. That's just how it is shopping on eBay. You have to pick a number you are comfortable with and go for it, then don't look back with regret. Remember, you are staying in a great place for way cheaper than through "normal" channels.

Upatnoon, thanks for your replies and words of wisdom. You are right, I might drive myself crazy chasing after the best deal. I have never stayed offsite, and I am a little nervous about it

Catira, thanks for your comments and for looking up availability for my dates. It makes me a little nervous to wait, because I also like to have everything booked and planned early.

Upatnoon, thanks for your replies and words of wisdom. You are right, I might drive myself crazy chasing after the best deal. I have never stayed offsite, and I am a little nervous about it

Catira, thanks for your comments and for looking up availability for my dates. It makes me a little nervous to wait, because I also like to have everything booked and planned early.

Totally agree with Upatnoon.. I think $100 a night for a 2 bedroom resort is a great price. Is there a chance you might find a better deal? Sure, anything is possible.. but how will you feel if you see a price increase instead of a better deal? I would rather have everything in order as soon as possible, so I can have peace of mind. Have a great trip.. Bonnet Creek is a great resort:)

I just got 9 nites in the beginning of march for 400. The seller did not have my dates in their auction so I contacted them to see if they could get it. It worked for me so you should try it as well.

I just got 9 nites in the beginning of march for 400. The seller did not have my dates in their auction so I contacted them to see if they could get it. It worked for me so you should try it as well.

:worship: Wow! We just got 9 nights for 2 bedroom for $600. And I thought that was a great deal. We bought ours on Redweek. It was a good experience.

do you have to pay money to join redbook and only then be able to contact owners who will rent to you?

I just found this thread and currently have a trip planned for March 15-22. I have no idea how to go about finding a seller for BC. I have seen the vacationupgrades.com site but beyond that I have zero knowledge of contacting a seller. How do I go about this?

Thanks...any info would be helpful.

I just found this thread and currently have a trip planned for March 15-22. I have no idea how to go about finding a seller for BC. I have seen the vacationupgrades.com site but beyond that I have zero knowledge of contacting a seller. How do I go about this?

Thanks...any info would be helpful.
Threre are many tips in the "we loooooove bonnet creek" thread. Ebay is a good place to start.

I just secured 7 nights from June 13 to the 20th for $900.00 for the week in a 2bdr/2bath unit. I thought this was a pretty good deal (at least compared to on-site prices). What do ya'll think?

Is it possible to offer someone on redweek a lower price than what they have posted? Is it unrealistic to think we can get Bonnet Creek for $100/night during prime season?

Of course you can ask for a lower price. There are lots of people on redweek. Shop around. I think $100 is a realistic price, but you never know what the seller is thinking. Perhaps it's still a long time until the reservation and they think someone will come along and pay full price. Or perhaps they need the money now and will jump at your offer. Good luck!

Thanks so much! It's actually very close & I am trying to hold out but I am getting a little nervous we won't have a place to stay.

I'm sorry, but I'm a little lost on the timeshare concept for WBC. We have cousins who own a Wyndham timeshare. Does that mean we can rent points from them for WBC??

I'm just really nervous to bid on points from a total stranger on Ebay...

I'm sorry, but I'm a little lost on the timeshare concept for WBC. We have cousins who own a Wyndham timeshare. Does that mean we can rent points from them for WBC??

I'm just really nervous to bid on points from a total stranger on Ebay...
Wyndham is both points-based and weeks based. Timesharing is rather complicated, but I would think that if your cousins are in the Wyndham system, they could get you a reservation at Bonnet Creek.

Don't get hung up on renting points. That's a DVC thing that doesn't translate to Bonnet Creek. Your only concern is getting a reservation for a certain price.

On ebay, you will see many listings for reservations at various prices. The bulk of these are from people who do it as a business. You can also check the completed listings to see what people are paying.

I think it's a great idea to see if your cousins can set you up with a reservation. You can use the info on ebay to offer them the appropriate payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter