Renting a car from disney locations

MrIncreadable

Earning My Ears<br><font color="blue">I'm not read
Does anyone know if the rental car companies that are on Disney properties have a shuttle service? We are looking into renting a car during our stay but would like to save money only renting the days we are planning outside events. I know there is a Disney car care center but I have been unable to find out about transportation to this site. I also found that there is a car rental facility at the Swan/Dolphin but again unsure of how to get there. We will be renting two mid size cars as they are cheaper than a mini van, We also have 9 people so they will not all fit and a larger van is out of the question. :earsboy:

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks ::MickeyMo

National/Alamo has a shuttle to and from the Car Care Center. You can call and arrange for them to pick you up at your hotel or drop you off at the center.

There is also a Budget at DoubleTree at DTD and an Avis at Hilton at DTD (we're using Budget) :teeth:

If we drop off at the Budget at DTD (coming from cape canaveral), will they shuttle us to the poly no extra charge?

probably not since the Budget is in the DoubleTree hotel...not a Disney hotel. there are certain busses for Disney transportation and the DTD hotels have their own bus system....sorry! you may be better off going with a car company that shuttles you....(rental agencies at the car care center...they shuttle you to and from your resort)

We have used National from the Dolphin/Swan (have done this numerous times, you would think I could remember which it is) and taken the Disney transportation back to our hotel - drop your group and luggage off first and then take care of the vehicle. We have done the same with Budget - walked back to DTD and took the bus back to our room.

glindamood said:
We have done the same with Budget - walked back to DTD and took the bus back to our room.

may I ask how the walk is?? we are picking up a car at Budget at DoubleTree and I'm figuring the walk is about 15 minutes from DTD...am I accurate?? TIA! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter