• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting a Car for 2 Weeks

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
I'm researching a 2 week stay in Orlando at a VRBO rental. We'd need a car. What are some options for car rentals outside standard Hertz, National, Budget.......

Thanks!

There are so many options, almost too many to list. I would say prob 30 different rental companies. Some are in the airport so u can rent and drive rite after u get off the plane...this option will have an airport fee. U can also rent outside of airport but u will have to use shuttle/van type transportation to take u to and from airport...this will be a little cheaper but will require some extra wait time. Do a search on rental cars and it will bring up tons of companies that u can call and deal with, price negotiate. But take note, alot of places will pop up like their in the airport but in reality their offsite, so if u choose to book at airport double check and even call to ensure theit actually onsite.

I book 2 weeks every year at airport and ive aleays had....Alamo, Avis, Enterprise or Budget

I book 2 weeks every year at airport and ive aleays had....Alamo, Avis, Enterprise or Budget
Thanks - what would you say a two week rental runs you? Also, since we would stay offsite, we have to pay for parking every day at a theme park, right?

Yes, u will have to pay for parking everyday but if use hopper tickets, u still only pay once per day. U can park at the other parks with just ur receiot, pay per day not per park. I know my dates every year so i book out about 11 months in advance. Prior to this year i was paying $350 total for 2 weeks for 5 pass standard car through costco and that was at the airport. This year the price went up some, i paid $486 for 2 weeks. Thats taxes n fees, out the door price with unlimited miles and no add on's. The way i get this price is by chcking everyday and there will b a very short period where the prices drop low but only last for maybe a week and go back up. So i constantly check and even after i book, i will continue to check prices and just book and cancel old booking. Costco allows me to book as many as i want for free, no money required, then free cancellation.

Yes, u will have to pay for parking everyday but if use hopper tickets, u still only pay once per day. U can park at the other parks with just ur receiot, pay per day not per park. I know my dates every year so i book out about 11 months in advance. Prior to this year i was paying $350 total for 2 weeks for 5 pass standard car through costco and that was at the airport. This year the price went up some, i paid $486 for 2 weeks. Thats taxes n fees, out the door price with unlimited miles and no add on's. The way i get this price is by chcking everyday and there will b a very short period where the prices drop low but only last for maybe a week and go back up. So i constantly check and even after i book, i will continue to check prices and just book and cancel old booking. Costco allows me to book as many as i want for free, no money required, then free cancellation.
thank you so much - helpful for my budgeting purposes!

Currently costco has the following..

Compact...$612
Intermediate...$658
Standard...$679

That is for 2 weeks (14 days) for my dates. My dates are during xmas/new yr which is the most expensive time. These prices will come down though and thats when ill book. Good luck.

Oh, by the way. There no difference between intermediate and standard car. Both 5 passenger midsize car.

I used a new service in California last year that is giving some rental companies a run for their money. It's called Turo. It's like AirBnB for your car. I don't know what's available in the Orlando area, but in California the one I rented from was running like a business. This guy had over 30 cars he was renting out. Some renters will pick you up at the airport or have a spot at the airport to pick up the car. Do your research you may find a good deal.

I used a new service in California last year that is giving some rental companies a run for their money. It's called Turo. It's like AirBnB for your car. I don't know what's available in the Orlando area, but in California the one I rented from was running like a business. This guy had over 30 cars he was renting out. Some renters will pick you up at the airport or have a spot at the airport to pick up the car. Do your research you may find a good deal.

I also noticed this option for orlando area and i did look into it. My concern was that ur renting regular peoples car and alot of the cars were older models. The other issue i had was u dont know if these vehicles have been kept up mechanically and not goin to break down. Plus, u got hope they actually show up with ur car or not being late. Also, if u do break down, whos goin to come get u and the car, will they even have another car to replace the one that quit. Not saying its not good, these were just some concerns i had after researching it. Just curious, were u concerned about any of those issues and did they have a policy/procedure to help prevent those incidents.

I also noticed this option for orlando area and i did look into it. My concern was that ur renting regular peoples car and alot of the cars were older models. The other issue i had was u dont know if these vehicles have been kept up mechanically and not goin to break down. Plus, u got hope they actually show up with ur car or not being late. Also, if u do break down, whos goin to come get u and the car, will they even have another car to replace the one that quit. Not saying its not good, these were just some concerns i had after researching it. Just curious, were u concerned about any of those issues and did they have a policy/procedure to help prevent those incidents.

There is lots of information on their site. Turo offers roadside assistance. https://support.turo.com/hc/en-us/articles/203990690-Roadside-assistance
Not sure what they do if the car breaks down. When I rented I rented a 2018 car, so I wasn't too worried about it breaking down. It was a risk I was willing to take I guess. I ended up paying half the price I would have paid if I had rented through an agency.

There is lots of information on their site. Turo offers roadside assistance. https://support.turo.com/hc/en-us/articles/203990690-Roadside-assistance
Not sure what they do if the car breaks down. When I rented I rented a 2018 car, so I wasn't too worried about it breaking down. It was a risk I was willing to take I guess. I ended up paying half the price I would have paid if I had rented through an agency.

I think I'll look a little more into this for this year. Last year when I looked it was fairly new and there wasn't a whole lot of cars available which made me very reluctant to use them. Thanks for the info

Currently costco has the following..

Compact...$612
Intermediate...$658
Standard...$679

That is for 2 weeks (14 days) for my dates. My dates are during xmas/new yr which is the most expensive time. These prices will come down though and thats when ill book. Good luck.

If your two weeks include Xmas those prices aren’t bad. We rent a car from Tampa every year between Xmas and New Years and a one week rental runs me $500 for an suv in that time period.

Last edited:
Those prices are for the week of xmas and the week of new years. Those prices will drop. I will pay under $500.

12/21/19 - 1/4/20

Already down to:

Intermediate...$631
Compact....$540

I will book at around $450 and then keep checking every day and see how low it goes. I can tell u this, check prices with different devices. They log ur ip and see that u regular check prices and u wont get the best deal. I check with my phone and get one price, then check with home pc and get lower price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter