rented via RCI...how do I book a package?

bryannem

Mouseketeer
We are staying at BLT and rented through RCI. How can I add tickets to this to get ME package? Any hints or tips while doing this?

Thanks!!

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are looking for.

If you are looking to take advantage of Magical Express, then you would just call the main Magical Express number with your Disney reservation number.

You will buy your tickets through the normal channel... website or travel agent, or wait till you arrive there.

We are staying at BLT and rented through RCI. How can I add tickets to this to get ME package? Any hints or tips while doing this?

Thanks!!

RCI will provide contact information so you may add ME and the Dining Plan (if desired) to your RCI reservation. Tickets may be added right at the resort when you arrive.

Enjoy! :)

It sounds like you traded in to DVC from RCI. DVC stays are not booked as packages like when you book through Disney.

As mentioned, tickets are on your own. You can buy them prior to your trip from an authorized broker like AAA or Undercover Tourist, or you can buy through Disney by going to their website before your tip or visiting guest relations when you get there.

Good luck!

We are staying at BLT and rented through RCI.
How did you rent thru RCI???

Do you mean you own a timeshare in another system and exchanged through RCI into DVC? (I hope so.)

Or...do you mean that you rented a reservation from a timeshare owner who exchanged into DVC via RCI? I really hope NOT, because that could be a big problem for you.

Would love to know how you booked. I am a Worldmark owner and trying to get week through RCI exchange, I am on an ongoing waitlist for November of 2014.

Thanks!!
Did you rent directly from RCI, exchange in through RCI or rent from an RCI owner who rented you an exchange unit? I'm guessing the latter but hoping for your sake, that's not the case as it's in violation of the RCI rules and you could lose your rental without recourse.

The technical answer is you call the number for DVC on the confirmation, give them a few days for DVC to get your info from RCI, usually on Tuesday's. Ask DVC for any info about what you have such as view type (can't be changed) and the DVC reservation #. Give them the flight info and they will arrange for ME. IF you want a dining plan, you must arrange that through MS and do so at least 2 days ahead of time and pay in full for all days on the reservation (usually 7) and for all who will be there at any time during the stay.

Thanks everyone and sorry for all the confusion.

Yes, we have a timeshare with RCI and we traded/rented/booked via DVC that way. So it is all above board. It is our first time doing so, so that is why I am in the thought process that it works like a regular Disney Vacation package. I am glad I can just add things as I want and not have to book a true package.

For the person who asked about the waitlist. We joined it in August of 2012 for March 2013 rental. We got 2 properties that we didn't really want, so we let them go. We then got BLT. When they called, the RCI agent said that it was a different Bay Lake and not near Disney, so we let it go (despite my being very suspicious). Then we got notification that we had let too many go and we were taken off the wait list. We called back and told them what happened and that we would have taken BLT if they told us it was on Disney. So long story short, we got put back on and then we have been calling daily to double check. We called yesterday and they had a room for us.

So my lesson is, don't pass up one that you would be ok staying in and if it starts getting close, just call and ask daily.

Good luck!!

I am a Worldmark owner and trying to get week through RCI exchange, I am on an ongoing waitlist for November of 2014.
Your odds of success will depend on how flexible you are with resort choice, unit size, and check-in dates. Listing more resorts, being willing to take smaller units, and giving a good variety of check in days will all help. On the other hand, if you are hoping for just one or two resorts, in a 2BR checking in only on one specific weekend, your odds can go down in a hurry---especially if the trip covers Thanksgiving.

These days, DVC has been depositing between 5-7 months prior to check in, but closer to 7 than to 5. So, the earliest you should expect your request to be satisfied will be April '14. I know it is easier said than done, but sit tight and be patient.

We called yesterday and they had a room for us.
You got very lucky---you caught someone else's cancellation. Congratulations! This is also great advice:

don't pass up one that you would be ok staying in

We have put in for 3 weeks at all the RCI locations on the Disney property for 2 bedroom and larger. The only week that I didn't ask for was the week of thanksgiving figured it was going to be too much. however as it get closer will look into that week and the first week of december.

We have put in for 3 weeks at all the RCI locations on the Disney property for 2 bedroom and larger. The only week that I didn't ask for was the week of thanksgiving figured it was going to be too much. however as it get closer will look into that week and the first week of december.

Don't plan on the first week of December. That is THE MOST booked week for DVC points. Those dates will likely be booked solid even before the 7 month booking window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter