Rented ECV at Universal and the Hogwarts Express

inturnaround

Earning My Ears
(First off, that would be the worst HP title ever)

I'll likely be renting an ECV at Universal's front gate (whichever park I decide to enter first) during my December trip, but I'd also like to ride the Hogwarts Express from park to park. I know Universal-rented strollers can't go from park to park on the train, but what happens with those with an Universal ECV rental?

I’m pretty sure UO strollers have been going park-to-park during the pandemic. It’s a logistical issue rather than a functional one. Not sure how things are running since social distancing and masking ended.

Scooters/ECVs ride in an open area (inside but not in guest compartments) at the back of each train car...simple pull in and back out. TMs will help if needed. There are boarding corrals and anyone using wheels gets placed into the back corral in one of the three train cars. There is lots of space to maneuver.

Going from US to IOA...King’s Cross Station to Hogsmede...the queue “requires” going through a brick wall to get onto platform 9 3/4. ECVs don’t fit (can’t make the sharp turn supposedly). You can either transfer to an attraction wheelchair right there while a TM (Universal’s version of CMs) transfers your ECV 6 feet through a door and you pick it up right before being put into a loading corral...or you can stay in your ECV and go through the magical door while the rest of your group goes through the queue. If you don’t go through the wall, you’ll miss seeing Hedgewig and he’s pretty darn handsome.

Elevators are at both stations. Oh, and bring tissues...seeing platform 9 3/4 for the first time is like seeing the castle the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter