Rental Cars that take debit??

bcarson

Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff>I will second Or
There is no search today and I was trying to find this info. Any help appreciated! :flower:

I use my debit card everytime I rent with Alamo... I don't know about any others, but I'm sure there are some more out there. Here's info from Alamo's site-

"When renting in the U.S., debit and check cards may only be used in conjunction with proof of a round trip travel ticket (airline, cruise ship or train) at time of rental.

A debit/check card is considered to be any non-credit card bearing the Visa or MasterCard logo. Any other non-credit card without the Visa or MasterCard logo is not accepted.

For pick-ups in the United States, without proof of roundtrip ticket, debit or check cards are only accepted when returning the vehicle. A credit card in the name of the renter must be presented at the time of pick-up (unless city specific exceptions apply as stated below.)

All Alamo locations in Manhattan do NOT accept debit cards at the time of rental. They are accepted at the time of return only

Alamo locations in Canada will now accept debit cards for payment at the time of rental if the debit card was issued in the U.S., and if the renter has proof of round trip travel.

Debit cards that are issued in Canada are not accepted by Alamo at the time of rental or return."

National takes debit cards with proof of round trip travel (ie-plane, train tickets).

A few thoughts....

I read an article that indicated that a "behind the scenes" credit check is often run when you use a debit card.... so there will be inquiries on your account which may or may not be a big deal depending on what you are doing.

They can also put a "hold" on your account. Make sure you know how much they are putting on hold since with a debit card they can be "holding" your cash which means you can't use it someplace else. (Amount of hold may be related to Credit check above!)

Last year I rented with Alamo at The Dolphin. The only thing she put on my debit card was the actual charge of the rental. There was no hold on my credit card. I do not know if anything has changed since then, but I read somewhere on the budget board that this was still their policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter