Rental Cars After Midnight

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
Rental cars are totally foreign territory for me, as we usually use Happy Limo. But I will be coming to Orlando for a business conference in Oct. that is being held at the Dolphin/Swan, and I took a shot at getting a room there via Priceline. Of course I ended up somewhere else (the Marriott resort), and unbelievably, they do not have a free shuttle to WDW. It looks like a rental car is the way to go, particularly because hubby is coming with me and that would give him some freedom during the day. The question is this: we won't be landing till midnight, and I am concerned that the rental places might be closed. I would like to use Priceline, and we want to get a place right that at MCO, but I don't know if that's a good idea, particularly with such a late (early?) arrival. Any info. would be appreciated! I am just excited about getting to WDW this year, as I had thought we wouldn't make it (we're doing a lot of Disney cruises instead), and this trip was a real surprise. I HATE driving while on vacation, so it will be a miracle if I can avoid getting lost.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Priceline only uses the top 5 rental agencies. 3 of these 5 are onsite at MCO, the other two require a short shuttle ride.
These 5 are open 24 hours a day.
We have used Priceline for car rentals 3 times. One time it was Alamo ( we had the Quicksilver Card and used the QS counter with no problem and we were out of there in less than 5 minutes), the car was just fine. The last time it was Avis, great service, great car, and this Sept. it will be Avis again. I expect it will be just a repeat of the last time.
BTW, I bid 17.00 per day for a standard car (it is a full size with 2 doors) and it was accepted. This did not include taxes and fees.

Thanks so much for the info! I am really being a worrywart about this because we have never done it before. Hotwire is coming up at $19 per day, so I tried $15 at Priceline and it wasn't accepted...I'll keep trying between $15 and $17 and I'm sure we'll come up with something. I'm just glad to know we won't be stranded at the airport in the middle of the night.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I just booked an economy car with Dollar for my upcoming weekend trip to WDW in October for $22.99 per day. We won't be getting into Orlando till 11:30PM, so in the back of my mind I hope to get an upgrade. :)

IMHO, I would stay onsite at the Airport hotel that night and rent the car the next morning. You may save a few dollars that way.

Herc.

I just booked an economy car with Dollar for my upcoming weekend trip to WDW in October for $22.99 per day. We won't be getting into Orlando till 11:30PM, so in

Cali, I cannot believe my eyes!!!!! No caddie? LOL

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN

Cali, I cannot believe my eyes!!!!! No caddie? LOL

Not this trip. :rolleyes:

Next trip, definetly! ;) Well, unless we get "lucky" enough to get a Buick Park Avenue, AGAIN. :rolleyes:

Maybe Dollar will give us a 300M or something like that (for $22.99/day). ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter