Rental car shuttle to ship

We are doing a one-day rental from Alamo, picking up at the Dolphin next Saturday and driving to the port on Sunday morning to board the Wonder for the WBPC cruise. I have a full-size car reserved for $45 plus gas and tolls, quite a bit less than the DCL bus from resort to port for the two of us. I paid exactly the same for a similar rental when we sailed on the Fantasy last November. I booked using the Alamo codes from my Costco membership.

At the port, I usually drop our checked bags with the porters and leave DW with her carry-on bag and drive to the car rental drop off, taking the shuttle back with just my own carry-on bag to manage.
We have done this exact thing for the exact same reasons! Cheaper than DCL transfer from WDW and more control over when we left Disney.

Can someone tell me how to handle our luggage on disembarkation day? We will be renting a car and driving ourselves back to the airport after spending some time in Port C. Do we just drag our bags off the ship with us?
Thanks!

Can someone tell me how to handle our luggage on disembarkation day? We will be renting a car and driving ourselves back to the airport after spending some time in Port C. Do we just drag our bags off the ship with us?
Thanks!
We sent our bags the night before and picked them up before going through customs. Then we just walked with our bags to the car rental shuttle.

I had a 2 day rental from Hertz at MCO —> Port Canaveral for $77. We played around doing a swamp airboat tour, and Disney springs for those two days. The line for the shuttle was long, and I didn’t see a single shuttle for the 15 minutes it took to turn in my keys. We had planned on using Lyft anyway. Lyft was supposed to cost $18, for the ~2 mile drive, but he didn’t end the ride, and drove another 20 miles before ending the ride, making it $55. Lyft refunded the money extra. I haven’t seen my toll charges yet... I’d do it again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter