Rental Car Question

tbrenk

DIS Veteran
If you book a rental car and bring the printed confirmation page provided by the rental company, can they not honor that price at the desk when you pick up the car?

My reason for asking...I booked a full size car for my family and a mini van for the other family travelling with us for April 6th-14h. I booked with Dollar. I got a rate (inc taxes and fees) of $200.58 for the full size car and around $380.00 for the mini van (dont' have exact figure with me at work today).

When I called today to ask a question, the agent on the phone said "Whoa, that is some rate you got for Easter time in Florida". It made me wonder if we will have a problem?

As long as you do no changes they will we just had a great rate at Dollar as well.the week before X-mas.

What do you mean as long as we do not make changes? What kind of changes?
Any kind of modification such as a new bring-back date.

While your reservation rate is guaranteed* for what you booked, if you change your reservation, a brand new rate calculation may be made and a brand new confirmation based on the new current rates will appear on your computer screen if you do the re-booking on line.

In addition, if you are late to pick up the car, the rental company reserves the right to cancel your reservation although they may offer to make a new reservation then at a higher rate. The exact rules differ from one company to another and are published on the company's own website. An approximation of the rules for some companies is on Travelocity dot com.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

* In the rare event a gentle push comes to a mighty shove, this is enforced in a court of law as opposed to in front of a rental counter.

What do you mean as long as we do not make changes? What kind of changes?

Yes as seashoreCM stated any changes even with pick-up drop-off times could be considered a change and a rewrite of the contract.

I had no problem with mine and Dollar at both the Airport and Govsners(rented this trip) have been great with no problems.

Any kind of modification such as a new bring-back date.

While your reservation rate is guaranteed* for what you booked, if you change your reservation, a brand new rate calculation may be made and a brand new confirmation based on the new current rates will appear on your computer screen if you do the re-booking on line.

In addition, if you are late to pick up the car, the rental company reserves the right to cancel your reservation although they may offer to make a new reservation then at a higher rate. The exact rules differ from one company to another and are published on the company's own website. An approximation of the rules for some companies is on Travelocity dot com.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

* In the rare event a gentle push comes to a mighty shove, this is enforced in a court of law as opposed to in front of a rental counter.

Thank you for all this info. Right now our pick-up time is 10AM. With all the changes Delta has made with our flights, we now get in at 2PM. If I leave the 10AM, do you think there will be a problem when we pick up the vechiles?

Try calling Dollar. I had a reservation made with Thrifty and NWA changed our flight time and they were able to just go into the system to change that without changing the rate, which would have happened if I had changed it online. It wouldn't hurt to just call and ask.

Try calling Dollar. I had a reservation made with Thrifty and NWA changed our flight time and they were able to just go into the system to change that without changing the rate, which would have happened if I had changed it online. It wouldn't hurt to just call and ask.

I did call and after a long period on hold they were able to change. Just by picking up the car 4 hours later, the rate for the mini van went from $363 to $789. I couldn't believe it!

Does anyone know if you can drop off and pick up a rental car at Port Canaveral? We are coming in 2 days before our cruise so we can go to WDW, however, shuttles are very expensive for our family and a rental car would be much better. But and of the car rental places I've called don't even seem to know where Port Canveral is? Thanks

You would have to drop the car off at Coco Beach. Both National and Budget have rental locations. Budget's is closer and they provide free transportation to and from the cruise.

At least this is how it worked for us 2 years ago. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter