rental car or town car service to the port

muntzfab4

Mouseketeer
My next question-
Now that I have booked the Radisson at the port for the night before our cruise, should I rent a car or take a town car service from MCO? I am thinking of visiting the Kennedy Space Center and having a car would probably make that easier, however, I really don't want to have to run around the morning of the cruise returning the car, getting back to the port, and so on.

Are there other transportation options to the Space Center?

Thanks again for your help!

You could always take a cab to Kennedy Space Center. It's quite close. I guess you have to look at costs and convenience. If you are flying in on Friday and going to the space center then, it might be worth your while to rent a car for Friday and return it late Friday nite. Then in the morning, just take the shuttle to the port.

Alternatively (this would be my choice), drive the family to the port in the morning. Drop off all the luggage, but remember to keep the driver's ID and docs. DW can get in the check in line, DH can return the car and take the rental place's shuttle back to the port.

As of the 2/7/04 cruise, they will allow DW to check in the entire family, but when DH arrives, he will need to stop at the check in desk, show his ID, and pick up his KTTW card. My friend's DH was even told NOT to get into the line, just to walk up to the cm that handled them. She glanced at his picture ID and birth cert., and handed him the card. It really wasn't a big deal. Meanwhile, DW and the rest of the party was in the boarding line....

Yes, that involves running around, but doesn't lose you any time on the ship.

Originally posted by kcashner
You could always take a cab to Kennedy Space Center. It's quite close.
Kennedy Space Center is around 15-20 miles from the Radisson Resort at the Port, Cape Canaveral. That would be an expensive roundtrip by taxi.

A one-way rental between MCO and Cape Canaveral gives you the freedom to go to Kennedy Space Center. Just make sure you allow enough time. Kennedy Space Center is designed to be an all-day attraction. It involves a bus tour that stops at several location, including the impressive Apollo/Saturn V Center.

We were also on the 2/7 Magic and I checked our party of 7 including 4 adults in without anyone having to be at the counter with me. I was given all 7 KTTW cards including DH who was returning our rental car. We did the same thing on our 2002 Magic cruise. Renting a car is much easier than it seems and you will be glad you have it especially if your flight leaves later on Saturday. We went to the Kennedy Space Center on our first cruise and spent about 4 hours there before our 5:00pm flight. Have a great time :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter