• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rental Car desks at the Resorts.

MAGICX2

DIS Veteran
What resorts have a rental car desk? My DH needs to rent a car for 1 day. What is the easiest way to do this, call ahead, book on-line, show up at the desk day of rental?

There are rental car desks at some DTD hotels, the Disney Car Care Center (don't know if that's the real name) and the Swan Dolphin has one.

Where are you staying?

There are rental car desks at some DTD hotels, the Disney Car Care Center (don't know if that's the real name) and the Swan Dolphin has one.

Where are you staying?
Right now we are at SSR, but we hope to be at BCV(if our waitlist comes thru). The boys in our group are going over to Daytona for the day and they need a rental just the day.

It doesn't matter which hotel you are staying at OR which location you wish to rent from. Check rates and decide what you want and make your reservation. Each place has a shuttle to pick you up and bring you to the rental office. You call (a day ahead at least) to schedule a time for the shuttle to pick you up.

I would not arrive at WDW without a reservation!!! I have seen people walk up to the counters and be turned away because there are no cars available. They were all reserved/rented.

The Car Care Center (by MK) is Alamo. The Dolphin is Alamo and National. I do not know what is at the DTD hotels.

I have rented from either the CCC or at Dolphin for years. Never any problems.

I think it does matter where you are staying. The price difference between agencies on a one day rental is MINIMAL, so truthfully, I wouldn't even factor that in. So if I'm staying at YC, why wouldn't I do a one day rental from Swan Dolphin - when I could be done with it in 20 minutes?

3 times I have called for pick-ups and only 1 time has it worked out and even then I ended waiting an hour past my appt time. If someone at the rental desk calls in sick, there are not going to be any shuttle picks up for a while, or if they get jammed busy - the shuttle pick up is last on the list.

Also, shuttle is a generous word, its a guy who picks you up in one of their rentals and drives you back to the rental desk.

That is why I asked "where are you staying?" A one day rental should have to all all that work.

Goodness! I'm wondering what company you have rented with!!! I have NEVER been picked up by a person driving a rental car. I have only been picked up by the shuttle from whichever company I rented with.

The OP could always pay for a taxi to take them to the rental counter, if she'd like. Again, I have never waited for more than a few minutes when I scheduled a pickup time...............

If I want to reserve a car ahead of time, probably at the Dolphin, what pickup location do I put in on the online reservation site. I have only ever seen airport codes allowed. Should I look somewhere else on the web site?

Depends on which company site you are going to. Is there something to click on that gives you ALL the locations? (Can't remember)

Otherwise you can just call the 800 number to make your reservation.

Goodness! I'm wondering what company you have rented with!!! I have NEVER been picked up by a person driving a rental car. I have only been picked up by the shuttle from whichever company I rented with.

The OP could always pay for a taxi to take them to the rental counter, if she'd like. Again, I have never waited for more than a few minutes when I scheduled a pickup time...............

My companies were Avis and Budget. Last year and the year prior. Now I just take the cab.....too wierd being in the car (front seat) with a stranger).

If you stay at SSR, you can walk over to the Doubletree across the street from DTD. There is a Budget counter there. Or, if you end up at BC, you can rent from Alamo/National at the Dolphin.
The other DTD hotels have other rental companies in them as well.

swan has a desk best to order ahead. We did this once for one day had no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter