• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rent Segways?

simba2

DIS Veteran
Somewhere I read or heard that you can rent Segways on the Wonder to use on board or at Castaway CHCay. Do they still do this? Do they give instruction? DH has done around the world on a Segway tour at Epcot, but I haven't. I'd like to try the Segway while on the cruise but will need lessons. Will I be out of luck?

there was a time when they had a couple on WONDER and they did 'demo rides' - I think that goes back to when they were brand new and no one had seen them yet.

You could not drive them all over the ship - only a limited area up by the basketball court - sort of a test drive - but not free!

Saw it once - never again...

I didn't think they even made segways anymore. At the very least there was a huge recall because people were getting badly hurt....the gyroscopes in them were defective......and a lot of folks like the park service, the bought a bunch, got rid of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter