Rent a car at Priceline.com question

Mjasp

DIS Veteran
Has anyone rented a car from Priceline.com?

It seems you get the airport location unless you click "off airport" Am I correct on this?

Also seems they use Budget, Hertz, Alamo and Avis. Which ones have you gotten after your bid was accepted?

What was the lowest bid you offered that was accepted?

Thanks
Joanna

Yes, you do get the airport locations. HOWEVER, that does not mean that all the rental agencies that are considered airport locations are in the terminal. Hertz is not. However, I use Hertz in Orlando quite often and the shuttle is great. Runs constantly!

PL uses Hertz, Dollar, Budget, Avis, National and Alamo. I have only gotten Budget.

Be sure you reallly check rates. Go to mousesavers and try all the codes. Lately I have not been able to beat the rates by using Priceline.

At MCO I got Alamo when i used Priceline. I have used them at other locations ( all airports) and have gotten other car rental companies. The best price I got was $16 a day for a premium at MCO.

CarolA...Hertz is in the terminal in MCO. Do they not give you the terminal location if using Priceline? Is that what you meant?

Thanks
Joanna

Hertz's MCO location is NOT in the terminal. It is down the road. It is considered an airport location, but you do have to shuttle to the cars and rental counters.

So you can get Hertz using priceline at MCO and then would have to take the shuttle.

Well I'll bid low and then if I get it it would be worth using the shuttle. My only fear is Alamo. Has anyone used them since they are in the terminal. It is awful. It takes you at least a 1/2 hour or more to get out of the terminal once you get your car, depending on how crowded it is. After you get your car, you have to drive to a booth and then they take your paperwork and key it in. It took so long and we got it on a late flight. Can only imagine how long it takes in the morning when everyone else is arriving.

just my thoughts, but PL doesn't seem like a good bet if you fear any of the companies that you could get - just like if you want to set the times of your flight, it's not a good idea. seems like you could end up with a car company you totally don't want, and in the end have saved maybe $50? well, perhaps you could save more i guess.... anyway good luck, let us know how it goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter