Renaissance Orlando Resort???

I have reservations for this resort for 2 nights in March with a winning priceline bid. I would like to know about the size of the rooms. We have 2 adults, 2 children and an infant. Will this be a problem? Priceline only guarantees a king bed, so we could really be cramped if Renaissance doesn't honor our request for 2 beds.

I looked at a picture of a standard king room on their website and it shows a sofa or loveseat in the picture. Anyone know if this is a pull-out bed and how large it really is? Has anyone else stayed at this resort using priceline? Did they honor requests for 2 beds at check-in?

Thanks for any info on the rooms and the resort!

I also will be at this hotel March 2-9 through Priceline. I just emailed the hotel directly and requested 2 qn beds since we will have 2 older children with us. They replied with no problem and made a note of that on our reservation. I have never stayed there but have heard it is a very nice place. Can't wait!!
Jen

They used to have two double beds or a king bed - big and I mean big rooms - plenty of room. they had two desks one of either side of the room. One of my favorite places to stay - right across the street from SeaWorld. Make sure your kids get to see the fish in the main lobby - and the bird cage.

If you don't mind me asking, What were your winning bids?
Did you check out www.biddingfor travel.com ? Its a great website about Priceline!

Yes, I used the website to get bonus money and to prepare for bidding. My winning bid is posted there.

My winning bid was $74 a night with no bonus $. I have used the website.

Jenni

Do you happen to have the e-mail address handy for the Renaissance Orlando? I called and requested 2 beds and was told there was no availability. Maybe I'll have better luck sending an e-mail. Thanks!

MickeyMagic:

Did you call the resort directly or the 1-800 reservations? Sometimes it helps to call both to get the answer you want. I really hope that they are able to give you the size of room you need! You might still be OK, since the picture of the King room on the Renaissance's website (www.Renaissancehotels.com) looks like it has a fold out couch. I would double-check.

For all those going, the Renaissance is one of my favourite non-Disney hotels. Nice big, clean rooms, good service, amazing atrium, great restaurants, good kids facilities (and the atrium usually wows them, too!), a fabulous Sunday brunch (don't miss it!) and right across the road from SeaWorld. If you've got it through priceline, you've probably got the bargain of the year!

Thanks Jenni! I took your advice and sent an e-mail with my room requests. I received a reply and my reservation has been marked as having a guaranteed non-smoking room with 2 queen beds.

My request for a crib, however, was not guaranteed and I was told it has been noted on my reservation. I hope this does not indicate an availability problem.

We're considering using Priceline for the Renaissance Orlando Resort. It's the only Resort hotel listed in the catagory so I guess we have nothing to loose. $74.00 is a great price!!! I e:maield them to see if the couch pulls out? Also, can anyone describe the pool area?

We stayed at the Renaissance Orlando Resort last year. The front desk was very accomodating. We did get our room requests (non-smoking, 2 beds, and a crib). They even gave us a free Shamu stuffed toy in the crib! The rooms are large and the hotel is very nice.

The pool is outdoors. It is a fairly large pool and there is a large hot tub/jucuzzi. We had the pool & hot tub to ourselves as it was pretty cool the evening we decided to try it. The kids (12 & 10) swam while I stayed in the hot tub.

If you can get it for $74, you can't go wrong. If you're going to Sea World, you just walk across the street and across the Sea World parking lot. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest