Remy's - Pictures & Ruminations - UPDATED for January, 2013 Dinner

I don't know why, but reserving Remy Brunch for Jan 12th cruise on Fantasy (7 night) WAS an option online.

Interesting! Will have to check again for my December 8th Fantasy cruise. :surfweb:
OK, just checked and it is not a booking option for my cruise. Looks like it must be a change in the system effective between 12/8 and 1/12.

Interesting! Will have to check again for my December 8th Fantasy cruise. :surfweb:
OK, just checked and it is not a booking option for my cruise. Looks like it must be a change in the system effective between 12/8 and 1/12.

Just checked again today and now Remy Brunch is available for online booking for my 12/8 Fantasy Cruise.

Yes - I'm booked!

Ellen, your pics are astounding as always. Thanks for sharing them. :goodvibes

We just booked the Remy lunch online last night for our Fantasy cruise next month (28 days but who's counting?!). Really looking forward to it and to trying the dinner menu as well ... looks like there are some interesting variations from the menu being served at Remy on the Dream - can't wait to compare the experiences since we adored Remy last year.

Hope to see you on the PC cruise next September!! :wave2:

Ellen, your pics are astounding as always. Thanks for sharing them. :goodvibes

We just booked the Remy lunch online last night for our Fantasy cruise next month (28 days but who's counting?!). Really looking forward to it and to trying the dinner menu as well ... looks like there are some interesting variations from the menu being served at Remy on the Dream - can't wait to compare the experiences since we adored Remy last year.

Hope to see you on the PC cruise next September!! :wave2:
Thank you for the feedback, as always! Looking forward to your Remy brunch report - and hopefully, we cross paths at least once in Oct before your cruise. Sitting here, typing left-handed. Had surgery on right hand Wed - spending the "cast" month at F&W!!

David (Manager) and Celia (Service) at the start of our meal, in the wine room!

p1407174554-3.jpg

Celia preparing our Collette Cocktails (at this point, I'd already promised to send her pictures of her "at work" - so you will see a few here)

p1396723326-3.jpg

Serving each drink from silver tray ...
p1396724434-3.jpg

Part of the service team, delivering the amuse bouche

p1396724702-3.jpg

p1396724970-4.jpg

I do not have a description of the amuse on the menu, but it was fried something with warm, liquid tomato soup in the center.

Truffle Bread

p1396725450-3.jpg

p1396725642-4.jpg

and another amuse (I think)

p1396727084-4.jpg

Sandwich a la Truffle Noire, Creme Truffe
Black Truffle Sandwich, Truffle Cream

p1396727288-4.jpg

Shrimp Masago
Tsukemono, Soba Noodle Salad, Asian Emulsion

p1396728136-4.jpg

Wow - you were at Remy the same day we were! Our seating was at 6. The meal was incredible. We also had Celia, who was fabulous. I hope you had a wonderful cruise!

Truffle Bread

p1396725450-3.jpg

p1396725642-4.jpg

and another amuse (I think)

p1396727084-4.jpg

Sandwich a la Truffle Noire, Creme Truffe
Black Truffle Sandwich, Truffle Cream

p1396727288-4.jpg

Shrimp Masago
Tsukemono, Soba Noodle Salad, Asian Emulsion

p1396728136-4.jpg

That sandwich is making me drool. What was in it? It looks so good! Were you suppose to dip it? My diet is killing me as you can tell. :lmao:

Plenty more where those came from - just search on "thread starter" = ehagerty

Oh yes! I first found your "Bocuse d'Or USA Finals - Epcott" thread and posted there how much I loved it! I just searched and I think I'm going to be in heaven for the next several days!

Oh yes! I first found your "Bocuse d'Or USA Finals - Epcot" thread and posted there how much I loved it! I just searched and I think I'm going to be in heaven for the next several days!
Enjoy! They broadcast the Bocuse d'Or finals from Lyon this past Tue / Wed over webtv! USA came in 7th - darn!

Request - if you find any particular thread interesting, saying so on the thread itself will allow that thread to seen again by other in the context of the thread group - that is, it would put it back on page 1 of DVC or DCL thread long enough to be visible to others! Wait - I just realized what you are saying - you posted on the Bocuse thread back in the day!!

Wow - you were at Remy the same day we were! Our seating was at 6. The meal was incredible. We also had Celia, who was fabulous. I hope you had a wonderful cruise!
Will resume posting tonight - where did you sit, relative to the wine room? I think our reservation was for 7:20 pm
That sandwich is making me drool. What was in it? It looks so good! Were you suppose to dip it? My diet is killing me as you can tell. :lmao:
Yes, the truffle cream was for dipping. Love the truffle.

In between the truffle and the lobster, Chef Benoit visits our table:

p1396730910-3.jpg

Roasted Sablefish, Sunchoke Puree
Radishes, Arugula Pudding

p1396734236-4.jpg

Homard et Boeuf Wagyu
Lobster and Wagyu Beef

p1396731430-4.jpg

p1396735886-4.jpg

I think this was called something like "lobster two ways"

p1396741884-4.jpg

Celia, showing our bottle of wine.....

p1396737668-3.jpg

I just realized that, coming up, I have more pictures of dishes than I have menus / descriptions, as I gave 2 of the menus to DS, fDiL. May have to do some educating guessing in the next post!

Poulet Rouge
Trumpettes, Chanterelles, Truffle Sauce

p1396738304-4.jpg

Cabillaud Girolles Coco Rouge Sauce Chilli
Cod with Red Beans, Girolle Mushrooms and Chilli Sauce

p1396738474-4.jpg

Bar, Poireaux et Pomme de TerreSeabass with Leeks and Potato, Shellfish Emulsion

p1396740596-4.jpg

Biche et Echalotte Confites
Elk, Confit Shallot with Red Wine Sauce

p1396742356-4.jpg

Bison Tenderloin, Short Ribs
Parsnip Pureee, Caramelized Parsnips

p1396742878-4.jpg

Niman Lamb
Roasted Turnips, Candied Pepper

p1396743080-4.jpg

I know the first pictures is correctly labelled, but the other two could be switched. I can't believe I only took one picture of everything!

We had this dessert as part of the Remy Brunch a few days earlier, and liked it SO much, we asked if we could have it again for dinner (since we were dining on an "at sea" day and they were likely to have the preparations from brunch still available, especially with advance notice....) - and yes!

Choux Pastry with Praline Cream

p1396746360-4.jpg

We also ordered one other dessert, Chocolate Croustillant

p1396746398-4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter