Remy menu......

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
:goodvibesCan anyone tell me where I can find a menu for Remy? Also, for those who have eaten there do you have any photos of the food?
Debx

This is the menu on the Disney site. You can choose the Gout or Saveur tasting menus, or go a la carte.

Saveur

Langoustine Royale
Declinaison Tomate
Turbot
Pigeonneau
Fondant Chocolat Croustillant, Sorbet Cacao and Jus Mousseux

Goût

Smoked Bison C
Lobster
Wild Loup de Mer
Australian Wagyu
Vanilla Poached Pear

Soups and Salad

Fraicheur/Freshness

Langoustines Royale Sauce César, Royal Norway Lobster with Caesar Sauce
Alaskan King Crab Cannelloni, Hearts of Palm and Caviar Vinaigrette
Declinaison Tomate Tarte, Tomate Glacee Basilic, Siphon Parmesan et Tomate, Tomato Variation Tart, Iced, Parmesan Espuma and Tomato
Smoked Bison With Fennel Salad and Blood Oranges
Main Course

Mer/Sea

Turbot Côtier "Vin Jaune" Gnocchi, Coastal Turbot with Vin Jaune and Gnocchi
Lobster With Vanilla, Bisque and Lobster Roe Foam
Saint Pierre Chorizo Espuma, Carotte Epicée, John Dory with Chorizo Espuma and Spicy Carrot Mousse
Wild Loup de Mer With Cannellini Bean Sauce, Artichokes and Jamon Iberico
Terre/Earth

Pigeonneau Tourte, Foie Gras, Tomate et Epinards, Young Pigeon Pie with Foie Gras, Spinach, and Tomato
Australian Wagyu With Garlic-Potato Purée and Petit Carrots
Cochon Cul Noir
Pomme de Terre, au Siffon, Pied de Cochon, Salade Black Pig Loin with Siffon Potato, Pig Trotter Stew and Glazed Ham
Veal Tenderloin Sweetbreads and Braised Shank with Marble Potatoes
Dessert

Fondant Chocolat Croustillant, Sorbet Cacao and Jus Mousseux Dark Chocolate, Praline, Cococa Sherbet
White Chocolate and Meyer Lemon Purse With Blackberry-Violet Sherbet
Croquant Acidulé Sorbet Citron, Lemon Acidule`bite, Lemon Sherbet Chef Siegrist (A. Lallement)
Vanilla Poached Pear With Cassis Mousse and Hazelnut Meringu

My husband and I each did a tasting menu and were able to switch out the lobster as neither of us were fans.

I like almost everything but had to score points with DW who will get on me for too much 'meat' so....

I tried every single seafood option plus the tomato dish - it was all phenomenal. Hope someday to try the 'meat' offerings :)

You are not locked into anything, you can mix, match, pick a al carte anything you want on the menu. The more you pick the longer the meal takes but the surcharge is the same.

I say get your monies worth, sample as much as you can and savor the experience to the fullest.

We were on the March 27 DREAM four day cruise and we had NO choice. The menu of the day was sent to our stateroom early in the day and THAT is what we were served! That was my biggest disappointment about REMY. They did try to accommodate requests for a change from an item the customer did not way to something more acceptable. But no - we were NOT given the choice of either tasting menu or otherwise.

We also did not have a dessert per se, instead we were served at least a dozen tiny pieces of chocolates in a multitude of tastes.

Do you only get a choice in Menu items if you opt for the wine pairings or is the no choice something new?

No it was just the fixed menu. I wish I would have saved the card they sent us, maybe then someone would believe me! It was a fixed menu for all courses. It appeared to me to be primarily (if not all) the Scott Hunnel menu ie. appetizer of bison, waygu beef entree etc. Please don't get me wrong - it was absolutely excellent, it just surprised me that we had no choice. I don't know if this is a frequent thing or only certain days. There were 8 in our group - maybe that was why.
No one ordered the wine pairing, but we collectively did order several bottles of wine.

No it was just the fixed menu. I wish I would have saved the card they sent us, maybe then someone would believe me! It was a fixed menu for all courses. It appeared to me to be primarily (if not all) the Scott Hunnel menu ie. appetizer of bison, waygu beef entree etc. Please don't get me wrong - it was absolutely excellent, it just surprised me that we had no choice. I don't know if this is a frequent thing or only certain days. There were 8 in our group - maybe that was why.
No one ordered the wine pairing, but we collectively did order several bottles of wine.

I am really surprised at your experience. What a bummer.

Well, it might be a bummer to some, but the food - decor - wait staff etc. certainly made it an enjoyable experience and we would do it again in a heartbeat! However, personal opinion, it would be far better to allow the customer the latitude of choice. I don't care if it is only one choice per course, it would definitely enhance the experience. After all, REMY's is $75 and PALO is $20 - big jump and the food should reflect this. Now the food DOES - But - no choice is a downer.

I wonder if they were experiencing a shortage of ingredients on your trip; it just seems odd that they would abandon the standard format.

Has anyone sailed since late March that can comment on their Remy experience?

In the general scheme of things, not having a choice is hardly surprising. DH and I just went to one of the nicer restaurants in town and ordered the "Blind Tasting" menu and wine pairing. Other than finding out what our allergies are and working around them, there were no choices in the menu. It was lovely! That said, we did wind up with at least one dish that neither of us would have ordered on our own, Tuna Tartare--it turned out quite yummy--the wine may have helped!

We were there at 6 PM the second night of the cruise. (Nassau night)

I wasn't thinking so much that they ran out of ____ due to high demand on earlier days, but that they weren't able to have their order fulfilled when they loaded the boat up in Florida.

Either way, I'll find out when we sail in two weeks, so I'll report back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter