Removing large staples

flowergirl45

Mouseketeer
Good morning. We had a large piece of furniture shipped to us, and now I am wrestling with removing the packaging. It’s heavy duty cardboard with heavy-duty staples holding it in place. Hopefully there is a photo attached to demonstrate what it looks like. Does anyone have experience with this and any suggestions with how to make this job any easier? Thank you so much. :-)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 35

side cutters

MB441-6T-1-500x500.JPG

I would use a butter knife..... Is this a bad choice???
Everyone uses a tool and I'm a butter knife girl. LOL

Well I didn't know we were going to be all technical about it!

j/k -- although I do want to know what Miss Manners would have to say about it.

So I used a combination of all the suggested tools, except the butter knife LOL. The Staples did not need to be pulled out, but I was just having trouble getting some leverage to loosen up the first couple. Once I had enough of the box loosened to get a grip on, I could just pull and the staples released. Thanks for all the suggestions!

On a side note, once I got the outside box removed, then there was an inside box to remove. Then the cabinet itself was wrapped in Styrofoam, tape,, and plastic wrap. I must commend the sender for a great wrapping job!

On a side note, once I got the outside box removed, then there was an inside box to remove. Then the cabinet itself was wrapped in Styrofoam, tape,, and plastic wrap. I must commend the sender for a great wrapping job!

No foam peanuts??? I'm outraged!!!!!!!!!!!!:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter